This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I'm leaving the trade board because only 6IV shinies get attention." And so...

#1ClassyOldHatPosted 1/19/2014 6:59:00 PM
The cycle continues. You gotta wonder, how did it come to be that 'normal' trades had such a small audience? Where did all of them go? They left the trading board because they couldn't find what they were looking for, so when other people try to use the trade board for normal trades, they can't find anything either, because everyone else gave up before them. Its a vicious cycle
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848
#2AuroraUltimaPosted 1/19/2014 7:01:21 PM
Yeah, I don't go on there much, unless I'm especially desperate. I got ignored more often that I would have cared to, unfortunately.
---
Fangirls are gamers too...
Only we're pretty...
#3Ace81892Posted 1/19/2014 7:01:47 PM
The simple truth is that GameFAQs trading board is crap. And it will continue to be crap until a) Pokebank comes out and all pokemon become valueless, or b) the mods FINALLY make 2 trading boards. I, for one, am all in favor of a board for real trades and a board for all the 6IV shiny cloning crap.
---
2DS FC: 3540-0246-0507
Pokemon X IGN: Swamplord | Safari (Normal): Teddiursa, Minccino, and Smeargle
#4BurnedPotatoesPosted 1/19/2014 7:03:04 PM
Ace81892 posted...
The simple truth is that GameFAQs trading board is crap. And it will continue to be crap until a) Pokebank comes out and all pokemon become valueless, or b) the mods FINALLY make 2 trading boards. I, for one, am all in favor of a board for real trades and a board for all the 6IV shiny cloning crap.

---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
White 2 FC: 2839-3528-1472
#5MysteriousZPosted 1/19/2014 7:03:44 PM
BurnedPotatoes posted...
Ace81892 posted...

---
Rock Safari-Barbaracle,Pupitar,Nosepass---IGN:Zach
3DS FC:5112-3592-1916
#6J_AppleiPosted 1/19/2014 7:04:32 PM(edited)
Ace81892 posted...
I, for one, am all in favor of a board for real trades and a board for all the 6IV shiny cloning crap.

A mod on the Ask the Mods board I believe already said that would never happen.

Man, I blame Nintendo for releasing Pokebank near Christmas when they should've released it with the game.
---
I like Apple Pie.
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.
#7ReptobismolPosted 1/19/2014 7:10:07 PM
Even if they did make two boards, did you honestly think it would change anything?

Someone makes a normal topic, with either a request or an offer, and someone else will respond asking if they have any shinies or 6IVs instead. The Animal Crossing trade board was no different at its core, but for a number of reasons making request/offer topics there was about a thousand times less futile.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#8ExcIusivity69Posted 1/19/2014 7:37:59 PM
You'd think with all the people that want to trade their common, non effort bred pokémon (or 'mons that were just caught in a pokéball), that they'd be able to find each other so easy. It really shouldn't be hard. The GTS can get you the version exclusives, as well as every starter, and fossil. If you're looking for something more valuable, then do some actual effort to obtain something rare to trade away. Welcome to life.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#9Dark Young LinkPosted 1/19/2014 7:40:41 PM
ExcIusivity69 posted...
The GTS can get you the version exclusives, as well as every starter, and fossil. If you're looking for something more valuable, then do some actual effort to obtain something rare to trade away. Welcome to life.

Have you seen the GTS? It rarely has reasonable trades.
And getting 6 IV shinies doesn't take "actual effort" so much as it does cheating. >_>

That's life too, but not the kind that should be in a game.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#10rojsePosted 1/19/2014 7:40:50 PM
I've not had any problems on there and I only do 5IV pokemon, and giveaways for 4IV breeding leftovers (as well as Vivillon in the Vivillon trading thread). I've occasionally had to do a few topic bumps, but noting particularly difficult or time-consuming.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67782742
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67922449