The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

Darksta
Posted: 1/19/2014 11:19:05 PM
How to Hatch a Shiny

Alright. Assuming you have at least the above 6 things, here is a good method for hatching

Darkstaís Method: Start of the Game version (for those without fly)

-Deposit both of your Pokemon in the Pokemon Daycare via the Daycare lady. Keep in mind that each level costs 100 pesoís (or what ever you want to call the money). Put the rest of your Pokemon in the PC except for your flame body Pokemon.

-Save your game.

-Go outside and talk to the man facing towards the stables (he wears his hat backwards so itís annoying if you arenít paying attention). If he says that the two Pokemon get along then you are set. If he says they prefer other Pokemon then the egg groups are not compatible.

-Bike down to the cave to the left of the Daycare, then bike all the way to the right into the town. Continue doing this until the Daycare man turns around (youíll see his face, but his hat is backwards still. Hipster) and speak to him. He will ask if you want the egg. Say yes (You can say no however. He basically looks at you like an idiot and asks you again if you want it. If you say yes he gives you the egg, if not then he takes it and keeps it for dinner).

-Now bike back and forth down the path, picking up more eggs as you go. Personally I found this easier than filling my bank with eggs, as breeding with a ditto tends to produce eggs quicker than you can hatch them.

-Eventually you will start hatching eggs. PLEASE BE AWARE Some Pokemon have very very subtle Shiny changes. The ONLY place you will see the shiny form at this point is at the hatched screen (The 3D model). The actual sprite is not shiny, so looking down at the Super Trainer screen wonít help.

-After you have filled up your party you have several options. You can deposit these into your PC, Open your PC and release them, or WT them off. The other thing that you could do is soft reset, and load the game back up at the save. The second option saves money, but the first saves time.

But Professor Darksta, if I reset the game, donít I reset my Shiny chance rate?

Hmm. Are you a boy, or are you a girl?

Actually, this is the part where I tell you no and explain why this thing takes so long. You see, the Masuda Method increases the chance of hatching a Shiny between 1/682 to 1365. This does not mean however, that if you hatch 681 Pokemon, or 1364 Pokemon, that the next one will be Shiny. The hatch rate is for each egg. So the 1st Pokemon you hatch has the same exact chance of hatching a shiny as the 2,000th.

So by soft resetting you donít lose the chance of obtaining a shiny. It can just take longer, and depending on your method of breeding (as in, if you are breeding egg moves or for IVís), the babies may be good trades for other pokes.

Okay. Is there another method for hatching?

Yes. It involves all the steps above except instead of biking back and forth in front of the daycare center, you fly to Lumiose City and bike around the city using a dime to keep your thumb stick in one direction. This may be faster for some people. I did not have fly at the time so I did my method. Please realize that the other method works for many people. Since I have no real experience with it i can't talk about it in great details.

What was the name of my Grandson Again?
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
Previous Versions
Darksta
Posted: 1/19/2014 11:08:13 PM
How to Hatch a Shiny

Alright. Assuming you have at least the above 5 things, here is a good method for hatching

Darkstaís Method: Start of the Game version (for those without fly)

-Deposit both of your Pokemon in the Pokemon Daycare via the Daycare lady. Keep in mind that each level costs 100 pesoís (or what ever you want to call the money). Put the rest of your Pokemon in the PC except for your flame body Pokemon.

-Save your game.

-Go outside and talk to the man facing towards the stables (he wears his hat backwards so itís annoying if you arenít paying attention). If he says that the two Pokemon get along then you are set. If he says they prefer other Pokemon then the egg groups are not compatible.

-Bike down to the cave to the left of the Daycare, then bike all the way to the right into the town. Continue doing this until the Daycare man turns around (youíll see his face, but his hat is backwards still. Hipster) and speak to him. He will ask if you want the egg. Say yes (You can say no however. He basically looks at you like an idiot and asks you again if you want it. If you say yes he gives you the egg, if not then he takes it and keeps it for dinner).

-Now bike back and forth down the path, picking up more eggs as you go. Personally I found this easier than filling my bank with eggs, as breeding with a ditto tends to produce eggs quicker than you can hatch them.

-Eventually you will start hatching eggs. PLEASE BE AWARE Some Pokemon have very very subtle Shiny changes. The ONLY place you will see the shiny form at this point is at the hatched screen (The 3D model). The actual sprite is not shiny, so looking down at the Super Trainer screen wonít help.

-After you have filled up your party you have several options. You can deposit these into your PC, Open your PC and release them, or WT them off. The other thing that you could do is soft reset, and load the game back up at the save. The second option saves money, but the first saves time.

But Professor Darksta, if I reset the game, donít I reset my Shiny chance rate?

Hmm. Are you a boy, or are you a girl?

Actually, this is the part where I tell you no and explain why this thing takes so long. You see, the Masuda Method increases the chance of hatching a Shiny between 1/682 to 1365. This does not mean however, that if you hatch 681 Pokemon, or 1364 Pokemon, that the next one will be Shiny. The hatch rate is for each egg. So the 1st Pokemon you hatch has the same exact chance of hatching a shiny as the 2,000th.

So by soft resetting you donít lose the chance of obtaining a shiny. It can just take longer, and depending on your method of breeding (as in, if you are breeding egg moves or for IVís), the babies may be good trades for other pokes.

Okay. Is there another method for hatching?

Yes. It involves all the steps above except instead of biking back and forth in front of the daycare center, you fly to Lumiose City and bike around the city using a dime to keep your thumb stick in one direction. This may be faster for some people. I did not have fly at the time so I did my method. Please realize that the other method works for many people. Since I have no real experience with it i can't talk about it in great details.

What was the name of my Grandson Again?
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.