The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

Darksta
Posted: 1/19/2014 11:17:34 PM
FAQ:

Do I need to talk to the man on route 16 first?

Users have reported that they were at the start of the game with only the old rod and this method worked, so no you do not.

Does putting the game in Sleep Mode break the chain?

The safest way to do this if you need to take a break is to enter a battle and place the game into sleep mode. You will come back in the battle and the chain will still be valid.

What bout saving?

No. You can save the game, but if you exit the game outside of the sleep mode mentioned above you will break the chain.

Can you do this while surfing?

Yes. Responders in the original thread have reported that they have reeled in Shiny's while swimming on Idiosyncratic spots. You should be able to reel them in anywhere.

Can I use a smoke ball to make running easier?

Yes. You will not break the chain.

Does using the game Menu break the streak?

No. Users have reported that they have used PSS, Traded, moved their Pokemon around, and healed them and the streak continued.

Does the streak continue after I catch a Shiny?

No, it resets after you catch a shiny.

If I change my rod while doing this, does it break the chain?

No. You can utilize different rods in the same area and it does not restart your chain.

I don't have a Pokemon with suction cups. Do I really need it?

You can do it without as long as you fish in a place with 3 rocks surrounding.

Too much text. Anything more visual?

This was posted by a user in the thread. It may be helpful for some http://i.imgur.com/DvKgYu6.jpg (credit to image maker /vp/'s)

Alright, <GameFaqs User>, the time has come. Your very own tale of grand adventure is about to unfold. On your journey, you will meet countless Pokémon and some exotic Shiny ones!. I'm sure that along the way you will discover many things, perhaps even something about yourself. Now, go on, leap into the world of Shiny Pokémon!

-Darksta
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
Previous Versions
Darksta
Posted: 1/19/2014 11:11:36 PM
FAQ:

Do I need to talk to the man on route 16 first?

Users have reported that they were at the start of the game with only the old rod and this method worked, so no you do not.

Does putting the game in Sleep Mode break the chain?

The safest way to do this if you need to take a break is to enter a battle and place the game into sleep mode. You will come back in the battle and the chain will still be valid.

What bout saving?

No. You can save the game, but if you exit the game outside of the sleep mode mentioned above you will break the chain.

Can you do this while surfing?

Yes. Responders in the original thread have reported that they have reeled in Shiny's while swimming on Idiosyncratic spots. You should be able to reel them in anywhere.

Can I use a smoke ball to make running easier?

Yes. You will not break the chain.

Does using the game Menu break the streak?

No. Users have reported that they have used PSS, Traded, moved their Pokemon around, and healed them and the streak continued.

Does the streak continue after I catch a Shiny?

No, it resets after you catch a shiny.

If I change my rod while doing this, does it break the chain?

No. You can utilize different rods in the same area and it does not restart your chain.

I don't have a Pokemon with suction cups. Do I really need it?

You can do it without as long as you fish in a place with 3 rocks surrounding.

Too much text. Anything more visual?

This was posted by a user in the thread. It may be helpful for some http://i.imgur.com/DvKgYu6.jpg

Alright, <GameFaqs User>, the time has come. Your very own tale of grand adventure is about to unfold. On your journey, you will meet countless Pokémon and some exotic Shiny ones!. I'm sure that along the way you will discover many things, perhaps even something about yourself. Now, go on, leap into the world of Shiny Pokémon!
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.