This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1
3 years ago#11
ff_rise posted...
sticky requested

Thank you. :)
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
3 years ago#12
This got stickied surprising quick.
I like Apple Pie.
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.
3 years ago#13
J_Applei posted...
This got stickied surprising quick.

Error was waiting for it to be made. It took me a few hours to do.
Erica Jong
3 years ago#14
I wondered how I was so lucky to get a shiny Froakie on my very first breeding experience. It's father was Japanese! Good to know.
3 years ago#15
Will not give up on blue coffee and purple pinsir...
Happy I got totodile at least, and iron fist monkey.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; Kill it with Love Mawile!!!
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
Yo, I just got a shiny gorebyss by fishing method, ty guys soooo much!!!

In game name: Owen FC:5413-0929-5627
3 years ago#17
I got a question about the Masuda Method.... On my 3DS settings, my country is set to Mexico, and language is English, I play my pokemon games in English. I recieved a pokemon from a friend where I live with SPA as the tag above it's name. I'm not sure if it was his or he got it from another trade (the latter is most likely). From what I can understand, this pokemon I recieved can be used for the masuda method. Is this correct?
Black 2 FC: 0906 2040 9948
Black FC : 0519 6631 9166
3 years ago#18
maizon2022 posted...
I got a question about the Masuda Method.... On my 3DS settings, my country is set to Mexico, and language is English, I play my pokemon games in English. I recieved a pokemon from a friend where I live with SPA as the tag above it's name. I'm not sure if it was his or he got it from another trade (the latter is most likely). From what I can understand, this pokemon I recieved can be used for the masuda method. Is this correct?

Yes.

The games get set into regions. If you see a tag above the pokemons dex then it's from a different region. Your region will not have one above the Pokemon.

So everyone in Japan who catches a poke does not have JPN on their screen, but if they traded with us, our region tag would be above the Pokemon.
Erica Jong
3 years ago#19
My first shiny was hatched from an egg. I then got a pinsir in friend safari. I can't even count how many fish I have caught. This is so cool. I couldn't get shinies before so I'm loving it. :)
FC 4098-3506-9765 jons- 2509-2579-1549
Olivias- 3282-3727-9629
3 years ago#20
Darksta posted...
maizon2022 posted...

Yes.

The games get set into regions. If you see a tag above the pokemons dex then it's from a different region. Your region will not have one above the Pokemon.

So everyone in Japan who catches a poke does not have JPN on their screen, but if they traded with us, our region tag would be above the Pokemon.

I think that's actually to do with game language.

An Italian game set to Japanese might be treated the same as a Japanese game set to Japanese.
3DS FC: 1950 8577 8687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region: UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.