This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about EV training

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about EV training

User Info: CyberWhiteTiger

CyberWhiteTiger
3 years ago#1
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if I train a pokemon to level 100 would I be able to EV train it later. Like if I train my shiny Charizard up to 100 and then decide to use it competitively will I be able to use those EV reducing berries and redo EV training? I heard a rumour that you could do this but I am not 100% so does anyone know?
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add back
Friend Safari - Fighting - Meditite, Pancham & Tyrogue

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
3 years ago#2
Read the sticky

Yes you can train at 100 been that way since hg/ss
3ds(1) 1607-2088-6985 3ds(2) 0044-2887-0187
founder of the dw breeding center

User Info: Number43

Number43
3 years ago#3
Also, rather than using a ton of those berries, you can get reset bags in super training by hitting the normal bag without selecting a training. One of those removes all EVs. Also Super Training makes EV training much easier to understand and harder to mess up, but you can EV train a pokemon in less time by fighting hordes with the appropriate held item.

User Info: CyberWhiteTiger

CyberWhiteTiger
3 years ago#4
Number43 posted...
Also, rather than using a ton of those berries, you can get reset bags in super training by hitting the normal bag without selecting a training. One of those removes all EVs. Also Super Training makes EV training much easier to understand and harder to mess up, but you can EV train a pokemon in less time by fighting hordes with the appropriate held item.

Thanks for the information. I never knew EV training changed that long ago but it is good to know about being able to re-train level 100 pokemon if need be.
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add back
Friend Safari - Fighting - Meditite, Pancham & Tyrogue

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 years ago#5
Higher chance of reset bag when Pokemon got smiley face next to it, usually after its rested.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; Kill it with Love Mawile!!!
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about EV training

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived