This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG, These Pokemon Should Be Banned!

#11kingjam1Posted 1/22/2014 9:36:00 AM
Why do people want crap like the Regis to get banned even if it has the same BST as psuedos like Garchomp and Dragonite. Heck it may even have less BST.
---
Can't think of anything
#12deidara21Posted 1/22/2014 9:37:16 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
"Ban dem legendaries, even the ones that are outclassed by most OU and UU pokemon, ban them anywayyyyyy argghhhhhh"

- Typical idiot player.
(not directed at TC)

"Continuously brings up a community's metagame that the whole world doesn't use and acts as if it applies to everybody."

-Typical idiot player
(Not directed at Caolan_2k9)
---
I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!
#13CA0001Posted 1/22/2014 9:39:43 AM
MJOLNRVII posted...
snip

I suggest you delete your post, it's too embarrassing that you didn't get the joke.
---
FC: 2793 1878 2039 (3DS) 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#14KiteDistelPosted 1/22/2014 10:16:56 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
"Ban dem legendaries, even the ones that are outclassed by most OU and UU pokemon, ban them anywayyyyyy argghhhhhh"

- Typical idiot player.
(not directed at TC)

Even when the legendary is outclassed, my basic rule set when I battle is "No Legendaries, and don't be a dick."

It's not about whether they're overpowered or not for me. It's that using legendaries is usually not creative, and just seems inexperienced (and usually is).

Like for example, some guys challenges me to (what I think is) a 6V6 singles match.

He brings Xernias, Yvetal, and Metagross. *facepalm*

So rather than match him with 3 of my own, I just bring meowstic for a quick screen or two, and Yzard. Put him in his place.

But seriously, if he had chosen anything other than the 2 legendaries, it could've been a fun fight. Instead it was just like "Ok, well here we go again with these legendaries"
---
Defiance (Xbox 360) In game name "XxStienxX"
3Ds Fc:3496-9492-2665
#15Mobile_PlatformPosted 1/22/2014 10:29:18 AM
A good number of those Pokemon are banned.
---
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex
#16Caolan_2k9Posted 1/22/2014 10:32:00 AM
KiteDistel posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...

- Typical idiot player.
(not directed at TC)

Even when the legendary is outclassed, my basic rule set when I battle is "No Legendaries, and don't be a dick."

It's not about whether they're overpowered or not for me. It's that using legendaries is usually not creative, and just seems inexperienced (and usually is).

Like for example, some guys challenges me to (what I think is) a 6V6 singles match.

He brings Xernias, Yvetal, and Metagross. *facepalm*

So rather than match him with 3 of my own, I just bring meowstic for a quick screen or two, and Yzard. Put him in his place.

But seriously, if he had chosen anything other than the 2 legendaries, it could've been a fun fight. Instead it was just like "Ok, well here we go again with these legendaries"

Well some legendaries are used by the best players in the world because they're great for specific teams, like latias, heatran, thundurus/landorus etc.

A good example actually happened to me the other day on showdown, I was using deoxys-defence which is obviously a legendary but it's pretty mediocre in generation 6 and certainly not ban worthy at all, but this opponent I had seemed to think I was being cheap because "legendaries are for p******". He took out my defence form pretty easily (like most do) and said something along the lines of "what you gonna do now without your cheap legendaries".

I hate idiots like that. They don't understand that it's not that great, that it's easy to deal with, they just hate you automatically because the pokemon is legendary.

The only time a legendary indicates inexperience is when it's a cover legendary, or mewtwo.
When it's a cover legendary it's usually (with the exception of kyurem-black) much, much better than anything you have on your team which is typically unfair and cheap, especially if your opponent has a team of 6 cover legendaries.
#17DesulatedPosted 1/22/2014 10:43:01 AM(edited)
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Well some legendaries are used by the best players in the world because they're great for specific teams, like latias, heatran, thundurus/landorus etc.

A good example actually happened to me the other day on showdown, I was using deoxys-defence which is obviously a legendary but it's pretty mediocre in generation 6 and certainly not ban worthy at all, but this opponent I had seemed to think I was being cheap because "legendaries are for p******". He took out my defence form pretty easily (like most do) and said something along the lines of "what you gonna do now without your cheap legendaries".

I hate idiots like that. They don't understand that it's not that great, that it's easy to deal with, they just hate you automatically because the pokemon is legendary.

The only time a legendary indicates inexperience is when it's a cover legendary, or mewtwo.
When it's a cover legendary it's usually (with the exception of kyurem-black) much, much better than anything you have on your team which is typically unfair and cheap, especially if your opponent has a team of 6 cover legendaries.

Cover legendaries aren't all that cracked up to be if your team is well prepared for it-especially if they think they're going to lead with two ubers and just spam their signature moves all day. And Mewtwo users are just funny at times; especially when they think Psystrike or Aura Sphere is going to work against a Tyranitar and Gengar, respectively.

This is also the reason why I keep Latios on my team but don't use him unless the guy throws a full team of legends or an entire dragon-type roster against me; I'll battle fairly with my standard set if my opponent does so too (Prankster Meowstic, Lucario, Delphox, Tyranitar, Gengar, Absol) but 2 or more cover legends/an entire dragon team and my own card to play will join the game.

But I play on doubles, so I don't really know elsewhere.
---
3DS FC: 4785 5422 7178
https://www.fanfiction.net/~soldierofthefuture
#18OrosukePosted 1/22/2014 10:41:14 AM
Lol. Not cuz you're wrong, but because I just played a guy with 5 covers and a XZard. He DD'd and I Shell Smashed with Cloyster (white herb) and I outsped and OHKO'd his entire team. He proceeded to talk about how cheap Cloyster was.

I just facepalmed.
---
3DS: 2509 - 2236 - 8670