This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like my team is unstoppable PLEASE prove me wrong so i can make it better

#21KeldonisPosted 1/21/2014 7:52:45 PM(edited)
mrraiders76 posted...
maybe use a different mega?? or swap it out completely for a good pokemon with priority like talonflame?

I don't have to use a mega.. I win a lot without them.. but then im kinda screwed against gliscors...

It's up to you, though I too am personally fond of the special Mega Lucario set.

I was just offering suggestions. Gliscor would be a problem, you would need a strong special attacker (Mega Luke is too frail, also destroyed by EQ) or pretty much any Ice type.

LO Mamo does a solid 70-80% with an Ice Shard with LO. Crash is OHKO. BB/Blitz is a solid 43-50% with Band, but you would lose to Toxic/Stall sets which they almost all entirely run.

Any Ice move really, or strong special attacks dispatch it fairly easy. Just depends how much you want to switch your team around.

As it stands, it's pretty decent.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#22rojsePosted 1/21/2014 7:51:59 PM
mrraiders76 posted...
rojse posted...
Put an Impish or Careful Gliscor in there. You want something that can either absorb status or doesn't care about it.

If you don't like Gliscor (or don't want to use it) you can use a Breloom, Clefable, Alakazam, Espeon, Reuniclus, Xatu, Guts Conkeldurr or Guts Heracross - at least one pokemon that can either absorb, reflect or doesn't care about status ailments.

I love gliscor... swap it out for porygon 2? theyre both great in their own ways..

I'm not sure what you'd swap it out for. I'm just saying if you run into a user who heavily uses status ailments, you've got no way to deal with it, and I've given you nine possible suggestions to help you decide what to use and what team member you might replace..
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67782742
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67922449
#23mrraiders76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 7:52:41 PM
Souretsu posted...
TC, my Rotom does the exact same thing as yours except it has T-wave instead of Will-o-Wisp. Do you find Wisp to be more useful to you overall? I might try that out.

my team pretty much outspeeds anything.. t wave isn't as necessary as it is halving the damage of attackers with a burn
---
Fc: 3411-1360-9740 IGN Marcos
I got frogadier, wartortle and octilley in my safari
#24mrraiders76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 7:54:49 PM
Keldonis posted...
mrraiders76 posted...
maybe use a different mega?? or swap it out completely for a good pokemon with priority like talonflame?

I don't have to use a mega.. I win a lot without them.. but then im kinda screwed against gliscors...

It's up to you, though I too am personally fond of the special Mega Lucario set.

I was just offering suggestions. Gliscor would be a problem, you would need a strong special attacker (Mega Luke is too frail, also destroyed by EQ) or pretty much any Ice type.

LO Mamo does a solid 70-80% with an Ice Shard with LO. Crash is OHKO. BB/Blitz is a solid 43-50% with Band, but you would lose to Toxic/Stall sets which they almost all entirely run.

Any Ice move really, or strong special attacks dispatch it fairly easy. Just depends how much you want to switch your team around.

As it stands, it's pretty decent.

I do like mamo... I have a 6iv naughty one with freeze dry.. that would do great damage
---
Fc: 3411-1360-9740 IGN Marcos
I got frogadier, wartortle and octilley in my safari
#25SouretsuPosted 1/21/2014 7:58:00 PM
Mamoswine isn't a special attacker typically. He has Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, and Earthquake, and that's pretty much all he needs. Usually a rock move (typically Stealth Rock IIRC) takes up his last slot.

You can max his HP and attack or his attack and speed, depending on your needs.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5455-9401-7637
MH3U: Souretsu
#26KeldonisPosted 1/21/2014 8:03:11 PM
mrraiders76 posted...
I do like mamo... I have a 6iv naughty one with freeze dry.. that would do great damage

If you don't want that 6IV freeze dry Mamo, or don't plan to use it I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Been wanting to try out a Freeze Dry set for awhile now.

Don't know your stance on cloning either, or if you're able. Anyway we can take this to PM if you'd rather, or let me know in the next few days.
---
#27KeldonisPosted 1/21/2014 8:05:08 PM(edited)
Souretsu posted...
Mamoswine isn't a special attacker typically. He has Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, and Earthquake, and that's pretty much all he needs. Usually a rock move (typically Stealth Rock IIRC) takes up his last slot.

You can max his HP and attack or his attack and speed, depending on your needs.

While true, the Freeze Dry set actually is pretty decent, and still hits things like Rotom-W effectively even with minimal SpA investment on the switch.

There was a Freeze Dry set that Joey (PokeaimMD) posted up on Youtube. He's used one to decent effect.

I'd like to try it myself, personally.
---
#28omega bahumatPosted 1/22/2014 6:47:33 AM
mrraiders76 posted...
mrraiders76 posted...
rojse posted...
Put an Impish or Careful Gliscor in there. You want something that can either absorb status or doesn't care about it.

If you don't like Gliscor (or don't want to use it) you can use a Breloom, Clefable, Alakazam, Espeon, Reuniclus, Xatu, Guts Conkeldurr or Guts Heracross - at least one pokemon that can either absorb, reflect or doesn't care about status ailments.

I love gliscor... swap it out for porygon 2? theyre both great in their own ways..

I love that porygon can take both physical and special hits pretty well and can swap it on obvious ghost type moves and its also a great sp attacker

Rotom-W and Gliscor have perfect coverage for each other and both are immune to non SR entry hazards
#29omega bahumatPosted 1/22/2014 6:47:34 AM
mrraiders76 posted...
mrraiders76 posted...
rojse posted...

I love that porygon can take both physical and special hits pretty well and can swap it on obvious ghost type moves and its also a great sp attacker

Rotom-W and Gliscor have perfect coverage for each other and both are immune to non SR entry hazards