This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so i came crawling back to pokemon after a long time

#1XcaIIionPosted 1/22/2014 12:17:08 AM
pokemon yellow was the first video game i ever played and i had been keeping up with it ever since then. i started playing competitively in gen 3, got pretty good in gen four... then about 2 months after gen five came out i pretty much quit to go play league of legends and dota. now i return and im having a lot of fun again just with the main playthrough of the game.

my main concern at the moment is transferring the cumulative mass of pokemon that i've been gathering since gen 3. i've got about 250-ish level 100 'mons with dem perfect ev's sitting around in my pokemon white pc boxes and i'm still trying to figure out how to get the pokebank app to download from the store. maybe im missing something completely obvious here, but unlike the other apps i've gotten from the e-shop there's no big "Download Here!" button.

can anyone help a returning veteran be reunited with his favorite 'mons again?

also while im doing this "introductory" topic, tell me how the metagame has changed since late gen 4/early gen 5. who are the major threats, what is the predominant team type (i remember when stall teams were popular and i desperately hope that never happens again), and what are some cool new tricks people have figured out?
---
"Well it's the internet. Hate is about as common as cracks in a sidewalk." -LChaos2
I play LoL and Dota and like them both
#2PokeFan2011Posted 1/22/2014 12:20:16 AM
Pokemon Bank is not available yet. It was delayed because of server overloads, and was just re-released in Japan a few hours ago. There isn't a release date yet for the rest of the world.
---
3DS FC: 1848-1764-3422; NNID: MetaTriforce376; PSN: NookTriforce376
AC:NL Dream Address: 4700-2152-1851; Pokemon X Safari: Pansage, Sawsbuck, Maractus
#3LightningAce11Posted 1/22/2014 12:21:17 AM
Pokebank hasn't been released outside of Asia right now.

The main threats are garchomp, mega Pokemon, talonflame, rotom wash etc.
---
"I am fire. I am ... DEATH." - Smaug
#4XcaIIion(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 12:23:20 AM
PokeFan2011 posted...
Pokemon Bank is not available yet. It was delayed because of server overloads, and was just re-released in Japan a few hours ago. There isn't a release date yet for the rest of the world.

thanks for the fast answer. that's kind of a relief actually, i was worried that my 3ds was bugged or something. well i can surely live without my beloved 'mons for another little while. this will give me a chance to work on some gen 6 breeding and the ev minigames!
---
"Well it's the internet. Hate is about as common as cracks in a sidewalk." -LChaos2
#5Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 1/22/2014 12:23:29 AM
iirc The Pokebank itself isn't live anywhere else besides Japan, so none of us outside Japan without Japanese 3DS' are able to download the application at this time.

Most of the heavy hitters you'll see online are Mega-Khan, Mega-Wile, Rotom-W, Mega-Ken, Talonflame, Mega-Chomp or really any of those variety. New changes besides Mega Evolution that have been added onto this generation are the Fairy typing, Grass being immune to Powder moves (Sleep Powder etc.), Electric types being immune to Paralysis, Ghost types unable to be trapped, Steel losing its resistances to Dark/Ghost types and so on.

You can also check Serebii and Bulbapedia for more updates.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kyeDL8j.gif
The official Royal Heir of GameFAQs!
#6XcaIIion(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 12:26:09 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Pokebank hasn't been released outside of Asia right now.

The main threats are garchomp, mega Pokemon, talonflame, rotom wash etc.

heh, garchomp and rotom w still being anoying *****. im not surprised about the mega pokes either. when i read the changes to mawile and kangashkan my jaw dropped. probably bumped them up a few tiers. what makes talonflame so good? i wasnt too impressed with its base stats when i was using one in the story.
---
#7rojsePosted 1/22/2014 12:28:40 AM
Talonflame's Hidden Ability turns any flying attack into a priority move. It's main use is spamming Brave Bird to deal massive priority damage to anything that isn't a physical wall or resistant to flying-type moves.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67782742
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67922449
#8XcaIIion(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 12:30:50 AM
rojse posted...
Talonflame's Hidden Ability turns any flying attack into a priority move. It's main use is spamming Brave Bird to deal massive priority damage to anything that isn't a physical wall or resistant to flying-type moves.

oh wow, holy crap. that is pretty good.
---
#9rojsePosted 1/22/2014 12:33:06 AM
XcaIIion posted...
rojse posted...

You won't be able to get Hidden Ability Talonflame until the post-game, though, unless you get it through trading.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67782742
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67922449
#10XcaIIion(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 12:35:59 AM
rojse posted...
XcaIIion posted...
rojse posted...

You won't be able to get Hidden Ability Talonflame until the post-game, though, unless you get it through trading.

i just beat the elite four, since i wanted to run through the game completely before i started thinking about competitive stuff.
---