This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

>>>>>Rate this team?<<<<<

#1BlueHarvestPOTWPosted 1/22/2014 4:26:35 AM
So I was bored and made this stall team. I haven't found many weaknesses but I'm always open to ideas on what to change. It's probably the best team I have right now. Enjoy.

Harvest Wave (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Venusaur basically ignore most unboosted hits. This is my all purpose counter to water types and a general tank. Knock Off is my go-to spamming move because it screws over basically everything besides megas. I considered Celebi here instead because of how good Natural Cure is at utterly crapping on Rotom W but Celebi misses out on Poison resistances and STAB. It also doesn't get thick fat. It's funny how many teams are just flat out swept by Mega Venusaur if they rely on weak stuff like Talonflame or Extrasensory Greninja to bring it down.

Char (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Heatran has 10 resistances as well as two immunities. Basically unless you hit it super effective Heatran won't go down easily. Knock Off is kind of annoying because a lot of the things Heatran would come in on like Sableye and Mandibuzz sorta screw me over. Ah well. Lava Plume Burn + Toxic screws with basically everything except other Heatran.

Starscream (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Def / 248 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Skarmory's main job is to maintain the field of battle. In other words it uses Stealth Rocks, Defogs hazards if needed then pretty much just dies. I keep it alive if the opponent has a Gliscor or Landorus. Skarmory is solid and it manages to really dick with U-turners thanks to Rocky Helmet I guess but if there is a weak link it is Skarmory. I might run a more Specially Defensive set to better handle "coverage" fire moves from stuff like Garchomp or Dragonite and also take on Landorus-I

Nutgobbler (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Chansey has literally one job, and that is to keep the team healthy. It uses Wish + Heal Bell to recover basically all damage besides Knock Off and Trick dickery. Chansey is pretty much a hard stop to BS like Charizard Y and Greninja. I was thinking about running Blissey because Lefovers healing rocks and allows me to spend more time passing Wish than I do healing myself.

Gipsy Danger (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

Sp Def Aegislash is really cool and underrated. It takes less than 50% from a Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball and easily KOs back. Specs Latios Draco Meteor caps at 33%. Pursuit puts them out of business while Shadow Sneak finishes the job. Shadow Ball hits pretty hard and can be my best option against a Lucario I can't take out quick enough. This thing is probably the MVP of the team and the only one solid enough to be named Gipsy Danger

Banjo (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Yawn

Quagsire just destroys most setup sweepers. Dragonite, Garchomp, Charizard X, Cloyster, Lucario, etc. They setup and Quagsire just doesn't care. Scald spam usually ends up burning something like Rotom W which brings me a long way in actually killing those stupid things.

Anyhow I am kinda weak to Lucario so maybe Gliscor > Skarmory? Hmm.

RMT please :)
---
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration
#2BlueHarvestPOTW(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 4:27:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3BlueHarvestPOTW(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 4:27:41 AM
Here is a log of this team slaughtering a bad player with a Delphox.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80082551
---
#4PrettyTonyTigerPosted 1/22/2014 4:37:14 AM
#5Panja_636Posted 1/22/2014 4:41:14 AM
#6rojsePosted 1/22/2014 4:46:19 AM
To one high-tier battler from someone who is relatively noobish - how does Defog and Stealth Rock go together? Defog removes SR on both sides of the field.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67782742
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67922449
#7MC_34543Posted 1/22/2014 4:50:59 AM
Nice team, but as you mentioned, you are kind of weak to Lucario :P. Also, your team doesn't have a lot of coverage :I. You also dont have any solid damage dealers. I realize this is a stall based team, but I still think you should include at least one heavy hitter. In addition, I dont believe that knock off is that vital for venasaur, and I dont see the value of running pursuit on aegislash. In addition, maybe you could run an attacking move on skarmory? Brave bird? It's your call. That's just my two cents though :P :).
#81everdudePosted 1/22/2014 5:34:54 AM
I've never understood why people include the nicknames when they post RMT's...
---
GFAQs Forums: Real scientists discussing real scientific knowledges ~ Savatsky
#9dirkastanPosted 1/22/2014 5:52:53 AM
Even stall teams require a physical/special attack presence. Why exactly is Aegislash running these EVs? If you were running swords dance this would make more sense but would still be inferior to his standard spreads.
Your Skarmory set should have BB, not only to threaten/ check but to negate taunt. Of which you currently have two 2 pokemon that are rendered completely useless when hit by it.
---
3DS Friend Code 0834-1816-6819 ~ PM me if you add me.
Any fool can criticize, condemn, & complain. And most do.
#10BlueHarvestPOTW(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 9:31:12 AM
rojse posted...
To one high-tier battler from someone who is relatively noobish - how does Defog and Stealth Rock go together? Defog removes SR on both sides of the field.

Most of the time badly lol. But there are many thing Skarmory can set up rocks against and in general unless the opponent is running like Talonaflame + Gyarados + some other SR weak thing that means destruction if rocks are down I usually would rather no one have rocks than I would both of us.

Usually though I just spam defog and SR as I feel is needed to stay in an advantageous situation. Would I rather rocks be gone so I can take less damage? So be it. Do I need more residual damage? Then rocks will go down. Survival takes priority with stall so most of the time I just Defog.

Other times the opposing rocker just dies early and I end up rock free with their sides covered in stones.

MC_34543 posted...
Nice team, but as you mentioned, you are kind of weak to Lucario :P. Also, your team doesn't have a lot of coverage :I. You also dont have any solid damage dealers. I realize this is a stall based team, but I still think you should include at least one heavy hitter. In addition, I dont believe that knock off is that vital for venasaur, and I dont see the value of running pursuit on aegislash. In addition, maybe you could run an attacking move on skarmory? Brave bird? It's your call. That's just my two cents though :P :).

I considered running CM Clefable > Chansey or CM Suicune > Quagsire as late game sweepers but each one would open me up to different things. I even considered Curse or Growth on Mega Venusaur.

Knock Off is good for screwing with Talonflame or anything really. Taking down Leftovers or Lum Berry means they faint faster. Breaking LO or Band means I take less damage. Knock Off helps against everything.

Brave Bird would be nice but I just don't have room for it. I guess I could run rocks elsewhere but nothing wants to drop a move for it. :( Taunt isn't really much of a problem though. Brave Bird doesn't do much against Taunt Sableye, Gliscor, Deoxys D or Thunderus.

Pursuit on Aegislash beats Gengar / Latios etc but yeah it's generally useless. I'm open for other options.

1everdude posted...
I've never understood why people include the nicknames when they post RMT's...

Because it was in the Pokemon Showdown importable and I didn't feel like editing them out lol.

dirkastan posted...
Even stall teams require a physical/special attack presence. Why exactly is Aegislash running these EVs? If you were running swords dance this would make more sense but would still be inferior to his standard spreads.
Your Skarmory set should have BB, not only to threaten/ check but to negate taunt. Of which you currently have two 2 pokemon that are rendered completely useless when hit by it.

I'm running those EVs and moves so it can tank special hits that Chansey can't handle, like CM Psyshockers. It also helps beat NP Lucario and even stuff like Gengar. Special Defense EVs means I can switch in on literally every Shadow Ball in OU except Specs Gengar and shrug off at least two hits before going down.

Skarmory wouldn't mind BB but it has no room for it. Taunt isn't as big of a deal as you think. Only a few things actually run Taunt and Brave Bird doesn't actually help against any of them. Rocky Helm lets Skarrmory kill Sealth Rockers like Mamoswine and Garchomp so I can just alternate between Roost and Defog until they die or go away.

Something that beats me harder than any of them is last poke setups that can get past Quagsire. I guess I could put Curse > Yawn on Quagsire?
---