This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is your favorite GameBoy-era rival?

#1davidledsmaPosted 1/22/2014 2:17:14 PM(edited)
Trupets or beeps? - Results (175 votes)
Blue
40% (70 votes)
Silver
44% (77 votes)
May/Brendan
8.57% (15 votes)
Wally
7.43% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So...which of these rivals was the best? Third poll, results from the previous two.

Kalos
Winner: Serena/Calem
Runner-up: Shauna

Unova
Winner: N
Runner-up: Bianca

Bianca only beat Cheren by four votes, close match between the room destroyers. I counted the Hugh votes from the comments, and he only had seven. And yes, Wally is a rival. Shocking, I know.
Also, any ideas how to slip Barry into this? he can't really be grouped into anything. :/
---
GTS is evil.
#2davidledsma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 2:22:24 PM
I guess we miss the rivals that treat us like crap. I never really saw the interest in Blue, actually.
---
GTS is evil.
#3tdsrPosted 1/22/2014 2:24:41 PM
Silver gave you this moral superiority until the end-ish. He gets my vote.
#4davidledsma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 2:38:06 PM
Huh, I expected Blue to be running away with this. Though I think I know who the top two will be, anyway.
---
GTS is evil.
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 1/22/2014 2:39:18 PM
Silver was a great rival. He was a jerk, but eventually he became a good person.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#6Luca_KnightPosted 1/22/2014 2:46:58 PM
Blue was lame, really. Designed to be antagonizing and flat, he accomplished exactly that. His music was incredible though.

Silver had some character. His music was very good.

May was dull as a car door.

Wally...could have been good, but he was only relevant for 3 moments, his introduction and his two battles. The first battle hardly counting even. Even May/Brendan has notability just for being so entirely made of cardboard. Wally makes you want to go, "Who?"

Silver.
---
You will never know me... You are lost...and scared.
You know what I allow you to know... You're just a puppet.
#7davidledsma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 3:42:25 PM
Bump and whoa those results so far.
---
GTS is evil.
#8PorungaRaPosted 1/22/2014 3:55:51 PM
I had to say silver, blue was an elitist wannabe IMO and a sore loser. As far as May/Brendon, it felt like they tried to do something different from the patronizing arrogant rival role. Once it fell flat, they tried to push Wally on you which IMO would have been better but it was kind of late and Wally didn't have enough drive and always seemed like an archeops defeatist.
---
Who cares I don't care a horse's ass is better than yours- Cibo Matto
#9VerkinsPosted 1/22/2014 4:10:16 PM
As a character designer, I pick Silver. He has a lot of character development.
#10davidledsma(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 7:11:53 PM
Bump
---
GTS is evil.