This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Based on the real world.... pokemon locations!

#1SayoriaPosted 1/22/2014 5:33:47 PM
Our world is big. We all live in different parts. We have North America, Antarctica, Australia, Asia....etc.... and everyone somewhere down the line (or most everyone) has thought about it.... what if pokemon was actually real? What would I have? Where would I go?....And all of that.

So, here's a question. Based on the animals of the world and their locations...

- Where do you think certain pokemon would be, such as, where would you have to travel to, if you wanted to catch.... say, a Mankey?.... What nation? What continent? What state?
- What pokemon do you think would be common in your area, and where do you live?
- There is supposed to be one legendary pokemon in the world of each type (one mew, one articuno, one latios....etc).... where do you think in the world they would be located?
- Would you travel the actual world to get a certain pokemon?

I think this could be interesting to think about.

Me, I am from Massachusetts, so I would say the pokemon in my state would probably be Deerling, Basculin, Corphish, Rattata, Skitty, Lillipup, Ducklett, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Stantler and to a lesser common extent, Stunky, Vulpix, Teddiursa.

Other pokemon, I would obviously say Kangaskhan would be in Australia. Tauros probably in Texas. Unown would be in Egypt, along with Cofagrigus. Totodile would be in Florida. Lotad in Mexico. Cubchoo up in Canada's northern provinces.

As for legendaries, I would guess Articuno would be somewhere in Antarctica, Shaymin probably somewhere in an African jungle. Tornadus would probably be in Kansas or somewhere in the US. Regice maybe in the Alps. Girafarig in Africa.

I'd probably actually travel outside of my state to get Eevee, Mawile, Ralts, Emolga, Espurr, Snivy, Pichu, and Mareep if I knew where they were located in the world.

How about you guys?
---
~~~Rest in peace Grampy.... 11/25/13~~~
~Forever in my heart, you will be missed.~
#2DarththeoPosted 1/22/2014 5:53:25 PM(edited)
Me, I am from Massachusetts, so I would say the pokemon in my state would probably be Deerling, Basculin, Corphish, Rattata, Skitty, Lillipup, Ducklett, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Stantler and to a lesser common extent, Stunky, Vulpix, Teddiursa.

Wow ... that is a horrid list for this area. I am from CT. These are expanding your list:

Scyther (Mantis, Introduced)
Ledyba
Whiscash
Either the Poliwag or Tympole Line
Shellder
Talonflame or Staraptor (Hawks and other birds of prey)
Noctowl (Owls)
Zigzagoon
Seedot (Oaks!)
Wingull
Surskit
Nincada and Ninjask

Honestly, I can go on. But, really, are you a city kid or something?
---
3DSXL Friend Code: 0447-6312-5946 - Krabby, Quagsire, Azumarril
3DS Friend Code: 2836-1220-6634 - Sunkern, Ivysaur, Maractus
#3deidara21Posted 1/22/2014 6:02:11 PM
Nyc

Pidove line
Pachirusu
Pikachu line
Ratata line
lillipup line
Growlithe line
Grimer line
Koffin line
---
I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!
#4DarththeoPosted 1/22/2014 6:08:22 PM
This is making me want to do a New England Pokedex ... >_>
---
#5gofghxgPosted 1/22/2014 6:35:04 PM
wi miltank tauros zigzagoon line sentret magikarp typing on xbox sucks
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#6MegaMawile14Posted 1/22/2014 6:39:49 PM
Why is there no haggis Pokémon yet? I'm from Scotland so we'd probably have Deerling/Sawsbuck, Wingull/ Pelipper, Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos, Miltank and Tauros, Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox, Chinchou/Lanturn (most like a dolphin I could think of).
#7Sayoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 6:40:06 PM
Darththeo posted...

Wow ... that is a horrid list for this area. I am from CT. These are expanding your list:

Scyther (Mantis, Introduced)
Ledyba
Whiscash
Either the Poliwag or Tympole Line
Shellder
Talonflame or Staraptor (Hawks and other birds of prey)
Noctowl (Owls)
Zigzagoon
Seedot (Oaks!)
Wingull
Surskit
Nincada and Ninjask

Honestly, I can go on. But, really, are you a city kid or something?

Where did I say "limited to"?.... It was just a few examples. Figure let others chime in other ideas for the area, not everything. And yes, I see deer, bears and skunks in the city.
---
#8DarththeoPosted 1/22/2014 6:44:17 PM
Sayoria posted...

Where did I say "limited to"?.... It was just a few examples. Figure let others chime in other ideas for the area, not everything. And yes, I see deer, bears and skunks in the city.

I didn't say you see them in the city, did I? I asked if you were a city kid, IE getting your information basically second hand. Especially if you think skunks are not that common in the area
---
#9J_AppleiPosted 1/22/2014 6:48:11 PM
Florida...

Krookodile
Feraligatr
Vespiquen
Gyarados
Yanmega
F***ING SOLROCK
Swampert
Beedrill
Wingull
etc.
---
I like Apple Pie.
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.
#10Sayoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 6:58:03 PM
Darththeo posted...
Sayoria posted...

I didn't say you see them in the city, did I? I asked if you were a city kid, IE getting your information basically second hand. Especially if you think skunks are not that common in the area

"Lesser common extent" meaning, not as common as bugs, cats, dogs, and so on. If you see as many skunks as you do any of those animals, then something's wrong.
---