This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When is GF goint to give us an interesting rival again?

#1iKhan88Posted 1/22/2014 8:40:16 PM(edited)
Note how I said interesting, not jerk. Making the rival a jerk is just the easy shortcut to making the rival interesting. I'd be okay with a nice rival as well, but GF needs to give us an actual reason to like those rivals instead of just telling us from the get-go that we are friends in a cutscene.

For the record, I'm not considering N a rival in this topic, but even if you do, the topic still holds, since this gen gave us 4 uninteresting rivals.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#2LexifoxPosted 1/22/2014 8:37:10 PM
Probably Gen 7.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3RaltriosPosted 1/22/2014 8:37:21 PM
I miss gen 3 when the whole 'friends' thing was unique. Now it's just...stahp.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991 Friend Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
#4Dante2049Posted 1/22/2014 8:37:32 PM
Just to let you know, your about to feel my rage!
---
"THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APOLOGIZE!"- Mr. Torgue High-Five Flexington
#5Azure_FlamePosted 1/22/2014 8:38:14 PM
Dante2049 posted...
Heads up, I'm about to unleash my rage!

---
Official Crimson Spinda of the Pokemon X board
3DS FC: 4339-2745-7659, Pokemon X IGN: Nanako
#6GolurkcanflyPosted 1/22/2014 8:38:24 PM
Dante2049 posted...
Just to let you know, your about to feel my rage!

I'm about to unleash my rage!

*Charges at Neo Plasma Grunts, Qwilfish first*
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#7XcaIIionPosted 1/22/2014 8:39:25 PM
i dont care about the personality of the rival, i just want the rival to be stronger.

gen 6 rival was the weakest rival in any gen so far. none of the battles were remotely a challenge.
---
"Well it's the internet. Hate is about as common as cracks in a sidewalk." -LChaos2
I play LoL and Dota and like them both
#8Alty1Posted 1/22/2014 8:40:54 PM
Has there ever been an interesting rival?

I mean, maybe HGSS Silver? Or N?

But beyond that? Snore.

Human characters have never been the strong point of Pokemon.
#9davidledsmaPosted 1/22/2014 8:41:32 PM
Well, I liked the serious rival and carefree rival scheme they had in Gen. 5. I honestly did get tired of the "rival treats you like crap" thing, even if I did like Silver. Maybe just more like that, but maybe with more personality.
Also, I kinda feel like a bully for beating up Serena's team every day, even if she's giving me a life lesson every time.
---
GTS is evil.
#10trinogonPosted 1/22/2014 8:43:14 PM
Serena / Callum were alright I guess.

I feel really bad for causing Serenas depression though...
---
"You can just, you can just stand in the sun all day passing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters."