This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we all agree that Lumiose is the worst city in the series?

#11TaiphlosionPosted 1/22/2014 8:50:52 PM
i like it
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.
#12Azure_FlamePosted 1/22/2014 8:51:22 PM
I hated it, but I'm going to say it was the best just to go against the majority.
---
Official Crimson Spinda of the Pokemon X board
3DS FC: 4339-2745-7659, Pokemon X IGN: Nanako
#13BowsaaPosted 1/22/2014 8:51:27 PM
I didn't think that Lumiose was actually overly bad, although getting around was sort of annoying (unless I was missing a map or something, I had issues finding places).

Castelia was absolutely godawful. Easily the worst.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#14RAcastBlasterPosted 1/22/2014 8:51:57 PM
It's a mess, an absolute, total mess.

That said, it could have been COMPLETELY alleviated by simply having a dynamic map (as in, one which includes a little blip which shows where you are at all times and which you would show place names) on the bottom screen. It could have even been some weird gimmick that only Luminose City could have had, but it desperately needs a map.

The taxis shouldn't need to exist to make the city functional.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 Friend Safari: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent
Steel types are the best!
#15Emmy_AltavaPosted 1/22/2014 8:53:46 PM
No.

It's the second worst after Castelia. Third worst is Goldenrod for making almost the remaining entirety of two regions useless.
#16ThatKipp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:57:25 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...

This is the argument I always bring up when people tell me it's okay and give me navigation advice. If the city were well-designed, these alternate transit methods wouldn't need to exist.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#17Metal Gear RaxisPosted 1/22/2014 8:59:28 PM
It really needs a minimap.
---
The Nanoha that you've always admired is an invincible Ace who will not lose to anybody.
#18davidledsmaPosted 1/22/2014 9:14:37 PM(edited)
I still hate Castelia more. In both B/W 1 and 2.
The stupid gym makes it worse, at least Bonnie is adorable and hands out ribbons.
---
GTS is evil.
#19the_cajun88Posted 1/22/2014 9:01:50 PM
Lexifox posted...
I don't think it's the worst, but it's not particularly good.

yes
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/N8Ey8qd.jpg
#20LexifoxPosted 1/22/2014 9:04:53 PM
ThatKipp posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...

This is the argument I always bring up when people tell me it's okay and give me navigation advice. If the city were well-designed, these alternate transit methods wouldn't need to exist.

To be fair, there ARE signs that tell you what's in every avenue.

You just have to get close enough to read them without accidentally entering/exiting the avenue, and notice that they're actually readable signs.

Or just notice them at all because of how tiny they are.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod