This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You have to admit... The graphics aren't that great

#31Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 10:03:19 AM
Aside of the graphics, for a project that Gamefreak has claimed 3 years, I'm amazed at the lack of animated combat. I expected an evolution of combat rather than continuing the same stand off and take it motive.
---
Don't like me? Don't feed me. Problem Solved.
FC is- 3695 0271 8597. Zak: Safari Flying- Woobat, Farfetch'd, and Rufflet.
#32Chenmaster2Posted 1/23/2014 10:04:36 AM
You're expecting them to have an attack animation for every move?

Sheesh if you prefer sprites then just play the past pokemon games.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#33Matt_the_noobPosted 1/23/2014 10:04:55 AM
I'm playing Pokemon Y on a 2DS and the graphics are fine.
I get head aches from 3D effects which really sucks but what can you do.
---
Proud owner of a 2DS and a Lax Porygon2.
3DS(2DSc:) FC: 2638-1134-1121
#34Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 10:07:31 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
>Brings up argument abt graphic improvement/greatness
>Brings up the best being gen2

Must be my morning sickness. What I mean to say is if I consider thos gen superior, it be superior as gen 2. Only because the game feels empty. Other gens above it depends on what you ask about my judgment

Lol it's fine. I kinda have to agree a bit, but it depends. Pokemon animation is honestly awesome for its cel shaded style. Overworld of course is not.. I also prefer Unova as a region with all its beautiful places like Underwater Tunnel, Ferris Wheel etc which i sometimes revisit just because. This gen has none like that

I started up White again last night and realized tgat it had better features in 2D than what's introduced in X on 3D. But who knows, Gamefreak might surprise us and add another new route and town like they did in B/W2.
I just need to understand the story of Gen 5. Apparently users are calling me a bad misunderstand troll because I call the gen bad due to the many plot holes. .-.
---
#35Matt_the_noobPosted 1/23/2014 10:08:35 AM
legitgamer405 posted...
How is this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Croconaw_screen.png
better than this:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/8/1357655095260/heroine_main.jpg

Back in my day that is what we called a "real" pokemon battle.
Sorry couldn't resist.
---
Proud owner of a 2DS and a Lax Porygon2.
3DS(2DSc:) FC: 2638-1134-1121
#36Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 10:09:06 AM
Chenmaster2 posted...

You're missing my point. For a 3 year project we the fanbase should expect a major turn over. The developers should've expected a major turn over.
---
#37PChaosWMPosted 1/23/2014 10:09:57 AM
I think the graphics are pretty good, my only problem is that I can never play the game in 3D because of the drop in framerate.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903 - 2745 - 1863
Pokemon X/Y IGN: Mammoser
#38Chenmaster2Posted 1/23/2014 10:11:26 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

You're missing my point. For a 3 year project we the fanbase should expect a major turn over. The developers should've expected a major turn over.

No I'm not.

Oh and you also forgot Pokemon Amie.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#39Genericgamer667Posted 1/23/2014 10:13:20 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
>Brings up argument abt graphic improvement/greatness
>Brings up the best being gen2

Must be my morning sickness. What I mean to say is if I consider thos gen superior, it be superior as gen 2. Only because the game feels empty. Other gens above it depends on what you ask about my judgment

Lol it's fine. I kinda have to agree a bit, but it depends. Pokemon animation is honestly awesome for its cel shaded style. Overworld of course is not.. I also prefer Unova as a region with all its beautiful places like Underwater Tunnel, Ferris Wheel etc which i sometimes revisit just because. This gen has none like that

I started up White again last night and realized tgat it had better features in 2D than what's introduced in X on 3D. But who knows, Gamefreak might surprise us and add another new route and town like they did in B/W2.
I just need to understand the story of Gen 5. Apparently users are calling me a bad misunderstand troll because I call the gen bad due to the many plot holes. .-.

you prefer the ugly b/w sprites?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#40Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 10:15:38 AM
Chenmaster2 posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

No I'm not.

Oh and you also forgot Pokemon Amie.

I prefer pokewalker over Amie. It's a WONDErFUL feature, but they only made it for in game usage which lacks alot. I understand slapping that on wifi battles would cause mass headaches, rage quits, and hatred, but what about Battle Masion? The AI haxes alot. Why not deliver the same meds?

Also only 3 mini games become a bore real quick. Hopefully we expect them to milk Amie if continue in the future. The rest of the content is fine
---