This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, That settles it.

#21Ultima_WraithPosted 1/23/2014 9:33:36 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Some of you are idiots. We're not mad that it was rumoured for today and it didn't appear today, it's not the rumour, it's the fact that japan and other asian countries have it and it's working fine and we are STILL in the dark.
I can't think of any logical reason (because there isn't one) that they have released it yet, it's clearly functioning and ready to go, yet we don't have it.
At this point, now that it's out in asian countries and not the US and europe, we really do have every right to be angry and complain about this utter nonsense.

The logical reason being that if everyone got it at the same time, impatient people chomping at the bit would all jump on at once and crash the server, if they stagger the release then the people doing transfers will reduce down and the next wave won't be so bad. #computerstuff
---
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
Vs. Recorder Videos: PETW-WWWW-WWW4-GP9S & 39FG-WWWW-WWW4-H2NP
#22x2link777Posted 1/23/2014 9:34:28 AM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
GatedSunOne posted...
...And here comes the much-expected deluge of angered Gamefaqs players.

No one really said it'd be today. Pretty sure we won't see it until February; but given your current stance on the matter I'm certain you could care less.

What happens is someone makes a prediction based off of fairy dust they pulled from thin air, someone takes it to be the concrete facts of the matter, then gets disappointed when it doesn't happen, they then blame nintendo and GF for "raising their hopes" when all along it's their own fault for believing every rumor and half truth that washes up on the beach.

It wasn't so much a rumour, as it was logical reasoning. It was rereleased days ago in their biggest market, and all is fine on the eshop front. Couple that with the fact the Eshop for the other big markets updates on Thursdays, today, and it's only logical to come to the conclusion it would be out today.

Furthermore, there's no logical reason for it NOT to come out either. The program works, it HAS worked this whole time. The Eshop has been "business as usual" for weeks after the holiday rush, and remains so after the Asian rerelease. Yet, as it seems to be the new usual, we get nothing. No bank, no news, no anyting.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!! PokemonX FC 4313-1091-2643 IGN:Emi
#23GatedSunOnePosted 1/23/2014 9:35:18 AM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
GatedSunOne posted...
...And here comes the much-expected deluge of angered Gamefaqs players.

No one really said it'd be today. Pretty sure we won't see it until February; but given your current stance on the matter I'm certain you could care less.

What happens is someone makes a prediction based off of fairy dust they pulled from thin air, someone takes it to be the concrete facts of the matter, then gets disappointed when it doesn't happen, they then blame nintendo and GF for "raising their hopes" when all along it's their own fault for believing every rumor and half truth that washes up on the beach.

Indeed...

Kind of sad, really. I'll admit my zeal for Pokebank died out after I managed to snag 715 Pokémon without that service; but its really nothing to complain so vehemently about.

Especially when you have to deal with a fan base as massive as Pokémon. Play other games; surely you have other consoles to tide you over.
---
FC: 2964-8693-8509 IGN: Verylin
Official Dream Eater of Serebii.Net. Current Dream Log for 2014: 5/365
#24XolacePosted 1/23/2014 9:36:05 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
inavnwor posted...
Wayward_Wind posted...
Seriously, how many idiots do they have working at Nintendo?

The same number of idiots who keep making topics like these.

Your tears are delicious and go well with fries.

Would you like some cries with your unhappy meal?

Would you like some french cries with your whamburger.*
---
3DS FC : 4828 - 4581 - 3878 : Konata
#25Caolan_2k9Posted 1/23/2014 9:36:29 AM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Some of you are idiots. We're not mad that it was rumoured for today and it didn't appear today, it's not the rumour, it's the fact that japan and other asian countries have it and it's working fine and we are STILL in the dark.
I can't think of any logical reason (because there isn't one) that they have released it yet, it's clearly functioning and ready to go, yet we don't have it.
At this point, now that it's out in asian countries and not the US and europe, we really do have every right to be angry and complain about this utter nonsense.

The logical reason being that if everyone got it at the same time, impatient people chomping at the bit would all jump on at once and crash the server, if they stagger the release then the people doing transfers will reduce down and the next wave won't be so bad. #computerstuff

But even that all falls back to nintendo not knowing what they're doing with servers.
It's not technologically impossible to do what it was intended to do, even with the traffic, but it is for nintendo considering they're still living in the 90s.
Hand it over to a competent company and it MIGHT have crashed on the first day (december 27th) but would have been up and running within that same week.
#26Wayward_Wind(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 9:37:51 AM
LegoTechnic posted...
Spoiler: TC will still pay for Pokebank when it's released.

Nope. I refuse to pay for it now. My Pokedex is already complete. I'll use it once to transfer over a few specific personal Pokemon and then delete it.
#27Ultima_WraithPosted 1/23/2014 9:38:05 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...

But even that all falls back to nintendo not knowing what they're doing with servers.
It's not technologically impossible to do what it was intended to do, even with the traffic, but it is for nintendo considering they're still living in the 90s.
Hand it over to a competent company and it MIGHT have crashed on the first day (december 27th) but would have been up and running within that same week.

I'm going to stop you right there, you said there was no logical reason not to release it everywhere now, and then immediately say that it isn't possible because of nintendo's servers. Now one of your statements has been rendered invalid, pick which one.
---
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
Vs. Recorder Videos: PETW-WWWW-WWW4-GP9S & 39FG-WWWW-WWW4-H2NP
#28kingjam1Posted 1/23/2014 9:38:18 AM
Nobody used the word entitled yet. Impressive.
Nintendo's servers are too crap to handle people downloading an app apparently.
---
Can't think of anything
#29mattgavinPosted 1/23/2014 9:38:35 AM
Xolace posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
inavnwor posted...
Wayward_Wind posted...

Would you like some cries with your unhappy meal?

Would you like some french cries with your whamburger.*

Want some cheese with your whine?
---
Friend code 1719-3812-1468
I have a steel safari :-D
#30staraidPosted 1/23/2014 9:38:58 AM
The_Topic posted...
inavnwor posted...
Wayward_Wind posted...

they also go well with tacos. i think this salt overload is gonna give me a heart attack tho xD

Dont forget burgers xD
---
B and R, chasing you down all nightmare long