This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is my Pokemon Banned in this tournament?

#1TinyjoshuaPosted 1/24/2014 6:12:55 AM
Ok, So Im going to an offical VGC tournament (I think its offical?) run by EB games Australia. They have posted thier rules which they say are the offical VGC rules which they follow by (http://www.pokemelbourne.com/PokeMelbourneTourneyJan2014/Tourney%20Rules%20Jan%20XY%202014.pdf). I have a Blaziken, from the event. However, while thier rules say nothing about this, the offical rules on Pokemon.com state this on Pokemon allowed to enter

"9.2. Kalos Native
Pokémon used in the Standard Format must be native to the Kalos region in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. A native Pokémon is a Pokémon that is hatched, distributed to, or caught in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Pokémon that have been transferred to Pokémon X or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter are not native."

Note the word "distributed to". Since this Pokemon has been distributed AND also has a Blue Pentagon on, as stated by EB games rules, would my Blaziken be allowed to enter or not? they rules seem to contradict themselves. I searched online and found no mention of the event torchic being banned or un-banned at any VGC event.

What do you guys think?
#21everdudePosted 1/24/2014 6:16:35 AM
It was distributed to Kalos. Yes it's allowed.
---
GFAQs Forums: Real scientists discussing real scientific knowledges ~ Savatsky
#3OctazPosted 1/24/2014 6:17:09 AM
From your link:

Only Pokémon that are caught in the Central Pokédex, the Coastal Pokédex or the Mountain Pokédex are allowed. Any Pokémon that is caught in the Friend Safari that also resides in the Kalos Pokédex is allowed.

Blaziken isn't part of the Mountain, Coastal, or Central Kalos Dex, so it isn't allowed.
#4SoulstrikesPosted 1/24/2014 7:33:03 AM
Seems like you didnt read the rules fully. The bit about the kalos dex pokemon is pretty clear.
---
3DS FC - 0963 0690 9477
#5Sephiroth0327Posted 1/24/2014 7:37:12 AM
"... A native Pokémon is a Pokémon that is hatched, distributed to, or caught in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y..."

This right here defines what they mean by "Kalos" Pokémon. If you hatch it in X/Y, you can use it. If they distributed it to X/Y, you can use it.
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
Current Breeding Projects: 1 in queue
#6Latias007Posted 1/24/2014 7:39:39 AM
There's a Pokemon tournament in Australia?! I'd definitely win if I joined (best in Australia in Season 1 Doubles)... But I'm all the way over at Sydney... These things are never in Sydney -.-
---
No more concealing, no more hiding. Open those castle doors and let it go. Let your talent build a magnificent world of snow.
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/24/2014 7:41:05 AM
I'm pretty sure it's allowed, people saying it isn't , are missing the word "Caught" in the sentence. in your post the part about distribution should in fact mean it is legal.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8Safari_DudePosted 1/24/2014 7:45:11 AM
Pokémon can be used from the KALOS POKEDEX. Meaning only Pokémon that are caught in the Central Pokédex, the Coastal Pokédex or the Mountain Pokédex are allowed. Any Pokémon that is caught in the Friend Safari that also resides in the Kalos Pokédex is allowed. For more information on the Kalos Pokédex refer to this page: http://www.serebii.net/xy/kalosdex.shtm
#9Latias007Posted 1/24/2014 7:45:34 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
I'm pretty sure it's allowed, people saying it isn't , are missing the word "Caught" in the sentence. in your post the part about distribution should in fact mean it is legal.

As everyone else has said, provided in the same link is this:
"Pokémon can be used from the KALOS POKEDEX. Meaning only Pokémon that are caught in the Central Pokédex, the Coastal Pokédex or the Mountain Pokédex are allowed."

Blaziken is not in the Kalos Pokedex.
---
No more concealing, no more hiding. Open those castle doors and let it go. Let your talent build a magnificent world of snow.
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/24/2014 7:48:43 AM
Latias007 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

As everyone else has said, provided in the same link is this:
"Pokémon can be used from the KALOS POKEDEX. Meaning only Pokémon that are caught in the Central Pokédex, the Coastal Pokédex or the Mountain Pokédex are allowed."

Blaziken is not in the Kalos Pokedex.

You're not seeing the exception of this rule.

A native Pokémon is a Pokémon that is hatched, distributed to, or caught in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

The rule again says if it was caught.

The TC did not catch Blaziken (assuming we're talking about SBBlaziken event.) Now if he breeded that Blaziken, the hatched or new Blaziken wouldn't be allowed as it doesn't fall under distributed.

It's a technical rule.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.