This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gifting pokemon?

#1joey11223Posted 1/24/2014 7:11:15 AM
Anyone think is would be a good idea? I know catching some route 1 mons doesn't exactly take up much time, but I think being able to just give someone a pokemon for nothing back would only be a good thing, especially for those wanting to play from the start with 6 randomly donated eggs (egglocke is it? I'm not too familiar, just see people asking for eggs to start a new game with).
#2SoulRequiem2Posted 1/24/2014 7:18:47 AM(edited)
I plan to gift in the future but I need to gear up on supplies. I'll be doing that with bank mons x and y exclusives as well as stone evolution mons. Not gonna do item trade mons for now but I might think of it in the future (metal coat is so hard for me to find, darn magneton!) Just to help out and those would not be iv mons just regular mons for dex completion. I'll be like a player event company lol. Ohh and btw there are no mons on route 1. There's not even grass in there to walk on.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: NAGASE KOFMI2
3DS FC: 1822-0244-5838 Steel Type with Klang,Ferroseed & Klefki
#3JrstegPosted 1/24/2014 7:20:31 AM
Gifting pokemon is nice. I gave away 40 5IV Wish Eevee's since I had extra from breeding.. I was part of the large 6IV ditto giveaway the other day. It's nice to give to players that can't get as much.
---
FC: 4828-4571-3388; Ghost; IGN James
#4KapuxaPosted 1/24/2014 7:22:50 AM
Had this discussion with my brother in law the other day.

This and gifting items two, should be a thing.

I play by myself, so when I want to trade stuff from a game to another it's a freaking pain (I completed the dex only twice, yet I have it completed in all versions, wich mean I had to trade the WHOLE dex over many times, wich means capturing thousands of bidoofs and patrats and lilipups and so on).

Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire covered this on the GBA versions.

Bank will cover this from now on I supose...still no item transfering tho...
#5joey11223(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 7:26:21 AM
See I had reject yanma and scyther I'd bred, wonder traded them in the end, good for pokemiles but got a load of route 1-3 stuff I didn't want, I wouldn't have minded just doing some sort of gift option, where it can be taken from me and given to a random person or something. Could always realize them I guess, but it's nice to give someone something decent, especially a beginner.
#6BooBirdoPosted 1/24/2014 7:37:30 AM
Jrsteg posted...
Gifting pokemon is nice. I gave away 40 5IV Wish Eevee's since I had extra from breeding.. I was part of the large 6IV ditto giveaway the other day. It's nice to give to players that can't get as much.

I think I got one of them Dittos, helped me out a great deal already, that has.
---
"That woman deserves her revenge. And we deserve to die."
Join the Ceph
#7Sephiroth0327Posted 1/24/2014 7:38:24 AM
Players helping players is what this game is all about, to me anyway
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
Current Breeding Projects: 1 in queue