This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people upset with cloning?

#1WindyligthPosted 1/24/2014 10:31:27 AM
If you don't like cloning, don't clone. It's as simple as that.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#2_KGC_Posted 1/24/2014 10:34:56 AM
I think most people who hate cloning just hate the cloners themselves.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#3J_AppleiPosted 1/24/2014 10:35:48 AM(edited)
Cloners have ruined the trading community, just like Instacheck. :\
---
I like Apple Pie.
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.
#4OdaNobunaPosted 1/24/2014 10:36:42 AM
No more rares.

Got a good shiny? Now you have unlimited copies.
---
Playing: Pokemon Y; Pokemon Black 2, Rune Factory 4; Etrian Odyssey Untold; Pokemon X; Umineko no Naku Koro ni; Da Capo.
#5Inferno05Posted 1/24/2014 10:37:21 AM
Due to lack of Bank anywhere outside Asia, most players do not have regular access to Bank Legendaries and other normal mon we can't get in X/Y.

Now, with the Bank delay, those that downloaded it during the half hour in Japan before server crashes had a lot of trading power. So, they proceeded to start charging 6IV perfects. Then, cloners got ahold of these perfect Shiny legends, and cloned them so they could use them as trade fodder too. Suddenly, almost all trades are for perfect shiny legends or other Bankmon, because they're everywhere. So, regular trades like a 4IV Froakie for a 4IV Fennekin are not receiving any attention as they're bumped down to other pages in seconds after creation.

Also, some people are purists and believe any method besides bike simulator for creating non-legendary mon (and any method besides Soft Resetting for good Legendaries) is absolutely wrong, cheating, and a plague on the community.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#6Tsukasa1891Posted 1/24/2014 10:38:00 AM
because people always have to be mad about something./topic
---
3DS 2165-5497-5235
#7Inferno05Posted 1/24/2014 10:39:26 AM
J_Applei posted...

Instacheck was a godsend, and the community shall miss it. But it took BA down with it. What a sacrifice!

No, seriously, Instacheck was awesome. You didn't hear about scammers so much, and I'm still loving my Gengar and Toxicroak that I had hatched. I really enjoyed hatching for other people, too. It was nice to be capable of doing a simple favor for random people without having to worry about what I'm giving up.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#8WyncorpPosted 1/24/2014 10:40:26 AM
J_Applei posted...

As if the trade community wasn't a wreck before.
I'm neutral regarding cloners. it's the greedy people (both cloners and non) that are the real problem.
---
http://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/
This Pokemon is now my sig.
#9Pupu27Posted 1/24/2014 10:43:36 AM
Windyligth posted...
If you don't like cloning, don't clone. It's as simple as that.

Nobody have problem with you cloning your pokemon. They only start punching your face when you bring those clones to the Internet (which devalue all of them together)
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189 - Safari: Oddish, Petilil, and Quilladin
#10J_AppleiPosted 1/24/2014 10:45:06 AM
Wyncorp posted...
J_Applei posted...

As if the trade community wasn't a wreck before.
I'm neutral regarding cloners. it's the greedy people (both cloners and non) that are the real problem.

I'm sorry, but how exactly was the trading community half as bad as it was before Instacheck? At least there were no "hurrdurr 6iv perfct shinys w eggmvs lf same plz" topics. All people wanted were other regular 5 IVs. I remember when my Goomy were getting traded for other regular 5 IVs like there was no tomorrow. :\
---
I like Apple Pie.
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.