This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you think there will be a Gen 3 Remake?

#11TrainerAuraPosted 1/24/2014 11:56:47 AM
Tsukasa1891 posted...
TrainerAura posted...
Blingya25 posted...
I like how Gen 5, when you trade over a Pokemon with HM, you can acess to route 30 right in the beginning and capture level 35-40 Pokemon with your level 6 Starter :D

?

Explain.

gen 5 didn't require you to have badges to use hm's. so if you had a pokemon with all hm's traded to you, you could pretty much go anywhere.

Ooooh, lol. XD
I thought they meant transfer though. X3

Yeah, that's pretty funny though.
---
3DS FC: 1676-4537-6114
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67900743
#12dj4242Posted 1/24/2014 11:58:54 AM
Mega Blaziken
Various Hoenn references throughout the game
$$$

Hoenn confirmed.
---
Paul George da GOAT
Pacers and Vikings fan
#13Lucidious89Posted 1/24/2014 12:04:26 PM
I thought they would never bother to remake Gold and Silver, because it would have been redundant after almost all of the Johto Pokemon were specifically made available between Emerald, FRLG, and Pokemon Colosseum (who's entire hook was that it was the only way to obtain several gen 2 pokemon).

Boy was I wrong. Gen 3 remakes were pretty much confirmed for me from that moment forward.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1177-7400-8683 Safari: Kakuna, Whirlipede, Venomoth
#14Tequila_ShotPosted 1/24/2014 12:04:46 PM
Let's look at it pragmatically.

A lot of people say that the Second Gen remakes weren't needed. And, to their merit, the reasons they use are true. We already had access to Pokémon #152-251 thanks to Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, and Pearl. But, ultimately, the reason they were remade was much more obvious than that. Nintendo isn't a company that acts solely out of necessity, so us not "needing" those Pokémon didn't really mean much in the way of whether or not we're going to get those remakes. They saw a demand and a potential profit, and they went for it. Plus, it gave a newer generation a chance to play an older generation of Pokémon games.

If Hoenn games get remade, it will be for the same reasons. It doesn't matter whether or not we "already have access" to Pokémon #252-386. If there's a market for it with the potential for profit, then a game development company that has the resources to fill that demand would be foolish not to pursue it. The question you should be asking isn't "why do we think there will be one?", but rather "do we think there's enough demand to constitute one?".

Personally, I would like to see them remade. I get sentimental about the Pokémon I use on my in-game teams, because I only pick six for an entire play through, and never change them. So, when I play Ruby and Sapphire, I want to be able to keep the Pokémon I use. But, as of right now, I need to keep two GBA's and a link cable so that I can trade between my own Third Gen games; a DS-lite so that I can migrate from my Third Gen to Fourth Gen; and a 3DS so that I can migrate from Fourth Gen to Fifth Gen, then ultimately to Sixth Gen once the Bank comes out internationally. If Third Gen Remakes get released on the Sixth Gen engine, it'll be nice to have that level of compatibility with the Bank, and not need to keep around all this extra hardware.

But, I'm not sure that they'll remake them. Many people consider Ruby and Sapphire to be the black sheep of the mainstream games, for a variety of reasons. First, it lacked backwards compatibility, which put a lot of people off the series (and I'll admit, I wasn't too happy about it). Second, it lacked a lot of features that Gold and Silver had introduced, such as time of day and day of the week, and how they interacted with the game; which I actually liked because I hate games that try to dictate when I should play because specific events only occur at specific times of the week, like how some Pokémon could only be caught in the morning (when I was supposed to be getting ready for school). Third, your "rival" lost that edge that Blue and Silver had, and you were less driven to beat them. Brendan/May were too nice, and didn't have that same edge that gave players the drive to want to beat them.
---
Level 100 Pokemon Count: 213
#15KajagogoPosted 1/26/2014 5:59:21 AM
Blingya25 posted...
I like how Gen 5, when you trade over a Pokemon with HM, you can acess to route 30 right in the beginning and capture level 35-40 Pokemon with your level 6 Starter :D

There's only one Rt 30 and it's in Johto...and has Caterpie's and Pidgey's.
#16jacob5622Posted 1/26/2014 6:15:55 AM
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/683123-hoenn-confirmed
---
"Tren, forget the men, we gotta beat up Om, Zet, and YD cause they stole <Insert name here> secks hack."
#17deidara21Posted 1/26/2014 6:21:59 AM
Dark04Saturn posted...
BottledPoe posted...
I don't know if there will be.

I mean gen 1 and gen 2 got remakes because they were on an older system that you couldn't transfer to the newer systems. It's technically possible to transfer R/S/E Pokemon to X/Y so it doesn't really need the remake.

That being said, I will buy remakes of it if they make it.

I was going to post that lol I don't think they'll be there, at least not as a priority, maybe some time in the future when they need time to develop more ideas or something

Because companies don't like money
---
I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!
#18-LusterSoldier-Posted 1/26/2014 6:26:41 AM
BottledPoe posted...
I don't know if there will be.

I mean gen 1 and gen 2 got remakes because they were on an older system that you couldn't transfer to the newer systems. It's technically possible to transfer R/S/E Pokemon to X/Y so it doesn't really need the remake.

In the future, I think it is possible that Nintendo will drop support for Black/White being able to transfer to X/Y (or a later generation) through Pokemon Bank. But this won't happen anytime soon. If there is ever a time when the Black/White games can no longer transfer to X/Y or a later generation, this also prevents R/S/E, D/P/P, and HG/SS from transferring to X/Y through Black/White.
---
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as raytan7585, Guru Champ!
#19Ansem_the_evilPosted 1/26/2014 6:54:36 AM
Because gamefreak loves money the only reason they wont make it is if they really dont want easy money
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939