This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I think there is going to be a Hoenn remake.

#1Swamp-marsh-mudPosted 1/24/2014 5:43:21 PM(edited)
Notice: I'm not trying to offend anyone with this topic, let's keep it mature and calm. Also, I'm not saying they will come or something like that, it's just that I'd like to share this with the community. Ok ready? let us begin.

Reason one: Why not?
One of the primary reasons is obvious: Money. A remake of one of the most loved generation of Pokemon (You may agree or not agree) would surely fill the money pockets of Gamefreak by allot, especially with the Hoenn fanboyism now on the Internet.

Now some of you may say, "We don't need a Hoenn remake, because the first two generations weren't compatible with the later generations and gen 3 is". I say this: We didn't need HG/SS (love the game so much btw).

Sure, FR and LG were made because of that, but that doesn't explain HG and SS. You see, in gen 3, it was possible to get all 386 Pokemon (well most of them). You just needed: R/S/E ,FR/LG ,Colosseum and XD gale of darkness. A expensive joke yes, but It was possible.

Getting back to HG/SS, If you can get all gen 2 Pokemon in gen 3 ,why would GF remade them? Simple, allot of demand for the Gen 2 remakes. Gen 2 Is one of the most loved gen of Pokemon, and because of FR and LG and some clues in D/P/Pt, allot of fans began to speculate and demand a gen 2 remake. And we got it

Nowadays , the community speculates and demands a gen 3 remake, because of the clues and it's the next gen who is likely to be remade, simply because 3 comes after 2.

It's like asking: Why was Zelda Ocarina of time remade? Because Nintendo knew it would make allot of fans happy (and that means profit for them) Why were HG/SS remade? Because of the same reason. Why would R/S get a remake? Because of the same freaking reason.

Reason two: The clues

In X/Y, there are allot of Easter eggs regarding previous generations. But which gen takes the most and obvious Easter eggs? Exactly, Hoenn does.

There is a old couple in a hotel who says "This anniversary is Ruby and the other one is Sapphire". and "Our first date was in the oceanic museum".

Then there is a Old lady saying she comes from a town were there is a hot spring next to the Pokemon center.

In B/W 2, there is one song left unused in the game, and that is the Hoenn trainer theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYpzRomzAXU

There are allot more clues, but this one takes the cake. The one I'm talking about it the host of the Pokebank (please understand). Brigette is her name, and see was also the host of Pokemon ruby sapphire box, a gen 3 Gamecube game that works similar like Pokebank, only no internet is required.

The clues from before also happens in gen 4 and 5, so at first I wasn't really convinced this would tease a remake. But then, Brigette, a gen 3 character comes with her completely working Pokebank. I was severely stunned, why take a gen 3 character, and not make a new one?

Junichi Masuda

Ok ,this section may be silly, but the main director also gave us some clues of a gen 3 remake.

Firstly, his twitter comments. He's saying things like: " R/S were really Important to me", and sharing something (I don't really know what it was) saying Hoenn confirmed (You could see that as a joke, but it's worth mentioning)

Also, the Hoenn region was designed by him, and R/S was the first game with him as the main director.

Also, In his childhood, he occasionally went to Kyūshū,(real life Hoenn) with his family , to celebrate vacation. And many of his family still lives there. This was one the trigger to make Hoenn in the first place, to relive his childhood. so Hoenn is quite important to him.

And this is why I think gen 3 remakes are likely to happen. It is allot of text, so there may be some errors here and there. Thank you for your time :).
---
3ds FC: 5043-1619-9931 Trainer name: Rik
#2Swamp-marsh-mud(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 5:37:22 PM
Bump.
---
#3sword_artist_Posted 1/24/2014 5:37:53 PM
Good reasons.
---
And then the devil said, "Let there be homework!"
Currently playing: Fable: The Journey, ALBW, KH Days and DDD
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 1/24/2014 5:39:11 PM
Reason three: $$$
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#5Swamp-marsh-mud(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 5:44:35 PM
Bump, also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junichi_Masuda

Junichi Masuda Ftw!
---
#6goyetchePosted 1/24/2014 5:44:44 PM
heres a thought maybe there were no hints in X and Y there are always characters from other regions in the games theres a team rocket member in unova but that doesnt mean they are gonna remake kanto again second Hoenn wasnt the most loved region its just that "hoenners" as i like to call them dont quit with their comment about not having a remake while the others just dont care HG and SS were made for the exact same reasons as FR and LG sure they solved the missing pokemon problem by making FR and LG but did you ever think that maybe just maybe people might have started playing at gen 4 and didnt have gen 3 games to access the pokemon they couldnt get in D/P/Platinum (thats just my personal thought btw) i did read that masuda thought of remaking hoenn but that he was also the only one at game freak to do so
---
The Name's Alex Fire Type Trainer Extraordinaire
FC:1048-9355-7555 IGN Alex
#7pervy_sage456Posted 1/24/2014 5:46:37 PM
nice post
---
I am not a perv. I just couldn't think of a better name.
FC: 4957 - 3234 - 2283 ~IGN~ Mark
#8shadowenclave47Posted 1/24/2014 5:48:50 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Reason three: $$$

Reason four: Please Understand
---
3DS FC 3539-9421-0380
#9Devin879Posted 1/24/2014 5:53:29 PM
goyetche posted...
Heres a thought maybe there were no hints in X and Y there are always characters from other regions in the games. Theres a team rocket member in unova but that doesnt mean they are gonna remake kanto again. Second Hoenn wasnt the most loved region its just that "hoenners" as i like to call them dont quit with their comment about not having a remake while the others just dont care HG and SS were made for the exact same reasons as FR and LG.

Sure they solved the missing pokemon problem by making FR and LG but did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, people might have started playing at gen 4 and didnt have gen 3 games to access the pokemon they couldnt get in D/P/Platinum (thats just my personal thought btw). I did read that masuda thought of remaking hoenn but that he was also the only one at game freak to do so

Wall of text. Somewhat fixed it.
---
Upcoming Project: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke or Egglocke!
Current Project: Breeding up many competitive Pokemon
#10ZombieTJ101Posted 1/24/2014 5:55:07 PM
TC, you forgot Mega Blaziken and Mega Lati@s. But spot on with the Masuda stuff. When did he say those things on twitter?