This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many people have said, "this pokemon is bad"

#1ShadowUmbreon42Posted 1/24/2014 9:20:47 PM
Without using said pokemon.

I know at least 85% of Gfaqs doesn't know what a poke that's not the same 6 you see is. So i'm just wondering.

I've said a lot of pokemon were bad and then when i used them i actually found a good use for them. Of course there are also overrated pokemon which anyone that even plays OU will use soo..
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#2ColtCababaPosted 1/24/2014 9:23:27 PM(edited)
Well, the bar between last Gen's standard has raised significantly, which has caused some great Pokemon to drop to UU (Seriously, why has Jellicent been lesser used?). They're still perfectly viable, though. Slowbro was UU last Gen, yet still an amazing physical wall in Standard.
---
"Tis a picture ^_^ need i say more?" - lenmutt
3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412 | FS: Spheal, Bergmite, Dewgong
#3goyetchePosted 1/24/2014 9:31:40 PM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
Without using said pokemon.

I know at least 85% of Gfaqs doesn't know what a poke that's not the same 6 you see is. So i'm just wondering.

I've said a lot of pokemon were bad and then when i used them i actually found a good use for them. Of course there are also overrated pokemon which anyone that even plays OU will use soo..

everybody does it i too have done it it does however happen that i say the pokemon sucks and when i use it it actually does like greninja i know alot of people use it but i dont like it cuz it doesnt suit my taste
---
The Name's Alex Fire Type Trainer Extraordinaire
FC:1048-9355-7555 IGN Alex
#4davidledsmaPosted 1/24/2014 9:33:02 PM
I thought Goomy would suck at first, but then I realized how good it was as Goodra.
---
GTS is evil.
#5R-A-VPosted 1/24/2014 9:36:12 PM
When talonflame stats were revealed, I thought it would be god awful and just as bad as pidgeot, if not worse.
#6BlueHarvestPOTWPosted 1/24/2014 9:39:54 PM
At some point experience takes over and you don't need to use something to know it's bad.

I've never used Choice Band Magikarp in 6th gen OU but common sense dictates it sucks. I never used Assault Vest Togekiss because I know that takes away from pretty much all of Togekiss's qualities. I haven't used Breloom this gen because it has a lot of its main uses completely nerfed by this gen's mechanics (nerfed Spore, buffed Low Sweep that cant use technician, Talonflame).

Some things are just bad.
---
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration
#7Felix6464Posted 1/24/2014 9:40:45 PM
So many people laughed at me for using Delibird. Those same people also got trolled by Delibird after it set up entry hazards and took out an opponents Pokemon via destiny bond/freeze dry.
#8Felix6464Posted 1/24/2014 9:51:05 PM
BlueHarvestPOTW posted...
At some point experience takes over and you don't need to use something to know it's bad.

I've never used Choice Band Magikarp in 6th gen OU but common sense dictates it sucks. I never used Assault Vest Togekiss because I know that takes away from pretty much all of Togekiss's qualities. I haven't used Breloom this gen because it has a lot of its main uses completely nerfed by this gen's mechanics (nerfed Spore, buffed Low Sweep that cant use technician, Talonflame).

1. Are you aware that Magikarp has an evolution?
2. So assault vest now makes togekiss bad? Just use a different set. This topic is about the Pokemon themselves, not certain sets.
3. Breloom is still the fastest sleep inducer in the game, and by your logic, frail attackers in general are useless because of talonflame. So I guess blaziken can drop a few tiers then.

Seriously BlueHarvest, the fact that you write at all, let alone to Serebii, is mind boggling.
#9BlueHarvestPOTWPosted 1/24/2014 9:53:10 PM
Felix6464 posted...

2. So assault vest now makes togekiss bad? Just use a different set. This topic is about the Pokemon themselves, not certain sets.
3. Breloom is still the fastest sleep inducer in the game, and by your logic, frail attackers in general are useless because of talonflame. So I guess blaziken can drop a few tiers then.

Seriously BlueHarvest, the fact that you write at all, let alone to Serebii, is mind boggling.

loling
---
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration
#10TropiOUsPosted 1/24/2014 9:54:52 PM
Felix6464 posted...

#missingthepoint
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon.