This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many people have said, "this pokemon is bad"

#21deidara21Posted 1/24/2014 11:39:12 PM
Felix6464 posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
BlueHarvestPOTW posted...
Felix6464 posted...
At some point experience takes over and you don't need to use something to know it's bad.

I've never used Choice Band Magikarp in 6th gen OU but common sense dictates it sucks. I never used Assault Vest Togekiss because I know that takes away from pretty much all of Togekiss's qualities. I haven't used Breloom this gen because it has a lot of its main uses completely nerfed by this gen's mechanics (nerfed Spore, buffed Low Sweep that cant use technician, Talonflame).

Some things are just bad.

1. Are you aware that Magikarp has an evolution?
2. So assault vest now makes togekiss bad? Just use a different set. This topic is about the Pokemon themselves, not certain sets.
3. Breloom is still the fastest sleep inducer in the game, and by your logic, frail attackers in general are useless because of talonflame. So I guess blaziken can drop a few tiers then.

Seriously BlueHarvest, the fact that you write at all, let alone to Serebii, is mind boggling.

loling

1. Irreverent, you can look at minum and tell it sucks.... Same thing

2. Missing the point, every pokemon has things about it that are good and bad.... The goal as the trainer is to be able to see those things and highlight the strengths while managing the weakness. After doing it awhile you start seeing what won't work and what's worth testing

3. No he's not,

1. She used the worst possible example of a weak Pokemon because of the fact that it evolves into a powerful Pokemon.

2.That was basically what I was trying to say. If a togekiss can't use assault vest, that doesn't mean that togekiss itself was bad, it just means it can't use a specific item. Just use a different item that it can abuse.

3. Typo on my part. I meant spore user. That one was my bad. Nevertheless, the rest of my point still stands.

3. No it isn't
---
I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!
#22DoobieScoobyPosted 1/24/2014 11:41:39 PM
Well this topic went south really fast.
---
3DS FC:4081-5667-4824 IGN:BLORP
#23pokemon2pokerPosted 1/24/2014 11:45:48 PM(edited)
A long time ago, back in 4th gen, I told a very special girl that it was impossible to use Turtwig competitively. :(
---
NJT
#2417MasterPosted 1/25/2014 4:19:45 AM
CA0001 posted...
You need to post your evidence about that 85%.

This.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#25GloryChaosPosted 1/25/2014 4:41:14 AM
I usually bash stuff that I have used. Using gastrodon this gen, it's easy to see that gastrodon is pretty terrible. Using jellicient, it's easy to see that it really isn't worth it. Using staraptor this gen, it's easy to see that staraptor is pretty great in OU and manages to compliment some threats in the same way lanturn has a niche in the tier and can form solid defensive cores.

But you don't have to use everything to tell whether or not it's viable. Assault vest avalugg and specially defensive avalugg are pretty bad sets. Subseed whimsicott doesn't work in practice. Focus sash / white herb Cloyster was never good and I don't know why it ever caught on (the OU analysis for smogon doesn't even mention either item!). The list goes on.

I will say that while breloom has been nerfed this gen, he is still a very effective Pokemon in OU. To say that he isn't worth it this gen is pretty short sighted.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#26ShadowUmbreon42(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 7:22:52 AM
GloryChaos posted...
I usually bash stuff that I have used. Using gastrodon this gen, it's easy to see that gastrodon is pretty terrible. Using jellicient, it's easy to see that it really isn't worth it. Using staraptor this gen, it's easy to see that staraptor is pretty great in OU and manages to compliment some threats in the same way lanturn has a niche in the tier and can form solid defensive cores.

But you don't have to use everything to tell whether or not it's viable. Assault vest avalugg and specially defensive avalugg are pretty bad sets. Subseed whimsicott doesn't work in practice. Focus sash / white herb Cloyster was never good and I don't know why it ever caught on (the OU analysis for smogon doesn't even mention either item!). The list goes on.

I will say that while breloom has been nerfed this gen, he is still a very effective Pokemon in OU. To say that he isn't worth it this gen is pretty short sighted.

As much as i hate breloom you are absolutely right. It didn't lose viability or anything.
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#27BlueHarvestPOTWPosted 1/25/2014 8:07:20 AM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
GloryChaos posted...

As much as i hate breloom you are absolutely right. It didn't lose viability or anything.

It isn't useless but if you don't think it's lost viability you're completely blind.

- Sleep was nerfed. The sleep counter no longer resets when you switch.
- Spore was nerfed. It no longer effects Grass types or those with Overcoat. Due to this change many things like Celebi, MegaVenusaur, and Mandibuzz completely ignore Breloom.
- Fighting type was nerfed. Fairies crap on it.
- Low Sweep was buffed to 65 BP, which screws it out of the Technician boost.
- A bunch of new common Pokemon just don't care what Breloom does. Talonflame, Aegislash, Mega Venusaur, etc.

Breloom isn't the worst thing ever but it's never something I've felt I had to prepare for or been threatened by in battle. It's just a sub par Pokemon right now.
---
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration
#28Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/25/2014 8:09:00 AM
You wouldn't believe how many people underestimate Accelgor.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#29GloryChaosPosted 1/25/2014 8:38:16 AM

It isn't useless but if you don't think it's lost viability you're completely blind.

Since he quoted me, I think he was just saying that it's still OU viable. Not that it didn't get worse with the generation shift.
Also, breloom doesn't lose to mandibuzz. Mandibuzz has about as much business switching into breloom as heatran does trying to switch into ho-oh. If SR is up, it loses to technician rock tomb. Or breloom uses SD on the switch and then uses rock tomb anyway.

Aside from gardevoir, there aren't any fairies that check / counter breloom either. Max speed togekiss? Offensive Mr. Mime? Let's be serious here.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#30ShadowUmbreon42(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 6:25:23 PM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
GloryChaos posted...

- Sleep was nerfed. The sleep counter no longer resets when you switch.
- Spore was nerfed. It no longer effects Grass types or those with Overcoat. Due to this change many things like Celebi, MegaVenusaur, and Mandibuzz completely ignore Breloom.
- Fighting type was nerfed. Fairies crap on it.
- Low Sweep was buffed to 65 BP, which screws it out of the Technician boost.
- A bunch of new common Pokemon just don't care what Breloom does. Talonflame, Aegislash, Mega Venusaur, etc.

Breloom isn't the worst thing ever but it's never something I've felt I had to prepare for or been threatened by in battle. It's just a sub par Pokemon right now.

You do know i was for his statement right?

Breloom was never bad
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick