This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie?

#1Brandon042487Posted 1/30/2014 12:27:35 AM
I know about the post game you'll get what ever Shauna chose as her starter.

But as for the main game I was thinking Chespin, how is it and how should I super train it?
---
3DS FC: 5413-0222-6739
Friend Safari: Lampent, Phantump and Golurk
#2MikokiriPosted 1/30/2014 12:36:25 AM
Chesnaught: Grass/Fight
Don't do it.
It has many weaknesses, and it has an unessisary high atk stat... Sure, it has a high def stat, but what it really needed was a high sp def stat instead of high atk... I used one and it keeps on getting KO'd by any kind of special attacks or super effective attacks (which there are a lot of).

You should get either froakie or fennekin... I am now using a Dephlox as an extra and it is 50x better than a chesnaught.
---
0490 - 5355 - 7480 (NO adding me unless allowed)
In search of: Tangy, Ankha, Lucky
#31nternationa7Posted 1/30/2014 12:36:28 AM
Chespin is a bit underwhelming due to that scary X4 weakness to flying attacks once it hits Chestnaught. Super training is a waste of time unless you are going competitive or want to get stones.

The best choice is obviously Froakie because it has such amazing move coverage. Be sure to get Torchic as the mystery gift (if it hasn't expired yet).
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#4Chaos46290Posted 1/30/2014 12:40:40 AM
If ya want all three ill breed ya the other two
---
http://i.imgur.com/TtYVO.gif http://i.imgur.com/zl7P2ag.png
http://i.imgur.com/Phumi.png 3DS FC:2921-9523-3800
#5LexifoxPosted 1/30/2014 12:41:20 AM
Chepsin is a strong and usable Pokemon, despite that a lot of people are claiming. Nice stats and a good movepool. It's not quite as good as Fennekin (type advantages out the butt) or Froakie (fragile, but hits hard with a lot of moves), but it's still usable.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6impossible2beatPosted 1/30/2014 12:44:46 AM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
Chepsin is a strong and usable Pokemon, despite that a lot of people are claiming. Nice stats and a good movepool. It's not quite as good as Fennekin (type advantages out the butt) or Froakie (fragile, but hits hard with a lot of moves), but it's still usable.

It sure as hell is better than fenniken, and maybe froakie, because froakie is amazing with protean, all 3 of the starters are pretty bad. Froakie is basically the only one who can be used competitively really we'll, but not a starter froakie. If your just talking about story mode all 3 are viable, but they are useless anywhere else
---
signature
#7NintenNessLucasPosted 1/30/2014 12:57:02 AM
in-game: froakie
competitively: froakie
---
Evil beware, we have waffles.
3Ds FC: 0946-2440-3282
#8Brandon042487(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 1:07:59 AM
Let me add some context

I already have done a play through of Pokemon as Froakie as me starter in that game, I love it pretty much spam surf all day defeats almost anything in my path.

I want to attempt a run through of X with Chespin because one, I love it's design, and two I like a lil challenge

Next playthrough ill do it with fenniken :)
---
3DS FC: 5413-0222-6739
Friend Safari: Lampent, Phantump and Golurk
#9impossible2beatPosted 1/30/2014 1:15:00 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
Let me add some context

I already have done a play through of Pokemon as Froakie as me starter in that game, I love it pretty much spam surf all day defeats almost anything in my path.

I want to attempt a run through of X with Chespin because one, I love it's design, and two I like a lil challenge

Next playthrough ill do it with fenniken :)

It doesn't matter in any way which starter you choose for single player, they are all viable and non provide a challenge, and if all you want is that a run through of the game to the elite four, pick any. Competitively though delphox is the absolute worst, with any ability, chespin is mildly better, but with protean Froakie is on a whole other level than the other 2
---
signature
#10Felix6464Posted 1/30/2014 1:21:49 AM
Lexifox posted...

I agree with you, chespin did pretty well during my playthrough. Mine was more of a staller though, with only a physical move to finish opponents off.
---
Now remember, its ok to trade with someone you like, but when someone scams you in Pokemon, that's no good!
#GivePringlesBack