This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Knowledgeable help please?

#1jeff_henzePosted 1/30/2014 12:28:45 AM
Well have wifi here at texas state, and for instance my phone and computer can connect to wifi, but my DS will not, are there any suggestions? any help, well.. helps lol
---
3 DS friend code: 0791 2748 6950 IGN: Jeff
Pokemon Friend Safari: Psychic- Gothorita, espurr, and grumpig
#2beebarbPosted 1/30/2014 12:37:18 AM
Certain wireless configurations are incompatible with Nintendo Systems.

The Nintendo Systems can only connect to Wi-Fi on the 2.4GHz band, 5GHz Wi-Fi is not compatible.
Some configurations may require manual assignment of DNS and IP Address settings.

Either use Google Public DNS servers, or your ISP's DNS servers if you know them.

Google Public DNS:
Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Some configurations require entry of proxy information, this is usually the case for schools and businesses.
Please note that some school and business proxies may block any attempted connection to unapproved URLs/IP addresses possibly stopping the 3DS from contacting Nintendo's servers.
---
Objectivity is a futile effort on the Internet, people will assume a side is taken.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418
#3jeff_henze(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 12:39:13 AM
beebarb posted...
Certain wireless configurations are incompatible with Nintendo Systems.

The Nintendo Systems can only connect to Wi-Fi on the 2.4GHz band, 5GHz Wi-Fi is not compatible.
Some configurations may require manual assignment of DNS and IP Address settings.

Either use Google Public DNS servers, or your ISP's DNS servers if you know them.

Google Public DNS:
Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Some configurations require entry of proxy information, this is usually the case for schools and businesses.
Please note that some school and business proxies may block any attempted connection to unapproved URLs/IP addresses possibly stopping the 3DS from contacting Nintendo's servers.

o.O are you Jesus?
---
#4beebarbPosted 1/30/2014 12:56:26 AM(edited)
jeff_henze posted...
o.O are you Jesus?

:) ... no, I just know a lot about this stuff.

Also, minor correction, I should have said "and/or" in this sentence:

beebarb posted...

...as depending on the situation, only one may need manual configuration. I hope I helped.
---
Objectivity is a futile effort on the Internet, people will assume a side is taken.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418
#5jeff_henze(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 12:58:29 AM
beebarb posted...
jeff_henze posted...
o.O are you Jesus?

:) ... no, I just know a lot about this stuff.

Also, minor correction, I should have said "and/or" in this sentence:

beebarb posted...

...as depending on the situation, only one may need manual configuration. I hope I helped.

Well I appreciate it! and I will definitely use what you said to try and fix it lol
---