This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon based on Avatar animals.

#1waterdeepchuPosted 1/30/2014 6:35:22 PM
"The Last Airbender" Avatar, that is. I don't really have much to say on this. I just like the thought.
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 1/30/2014 6:36:15 PM
I kinda thought the designers for 'Avatar' actually borrowed from 'Pokemon' a little
---
Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.
#3KeroroGunsouPosted 1/30/2014 7:24:52 PM
you serious? no one bases anything off avatar, that show itself borrowed so much from naruto and similar things, just another mediocre western show with no soul, only this time it tried to look like anime, but actually looks like schoolboy's fanart instead, the popularity of it baffles me
---
Pokemon X, TSV:3010, FC:4596-9778-4021, Fairy: Dedenne/Mawile/Cleffairy, InGameName: Denechka
#4Azure_FlamePosted 1/30/2014 7:25:50 PM
KeroroGunsou posted...
you serious? no one bases anything off avatar, that show itself borrowed so much from naruto and similar things, just another mediocre western show with no soul, only this time it tried to look like anime, but actually looks like schoolboy's fanart instead, the popularity of it baffles me

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/3HwqRoZ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/n8Rlpt1.jpg
3DS FC: 4339-2745-7659, Pokemon X IGN: Nanako
#5Doctor_SpankyPosted 1/30/2014 7:38:05 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
KeroroGunsou posted...

lol

That's sort of a fair point. Avatar is definitely a hodgepodge of borrowed influences, and it'll never be a genre-defining show like Naruto (even though it's much better-written)

And as much as I like Avatar it's part of a trend of shows being written by a team of Americans then sent to a Korean studio for animation. When you separate the storytellers like that there's less collaboration and the overall product becomes less specific and interesting
---
Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.