This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How old are people here who absolutely just play casually?

#11wufei8706Posted 1/31/2014 7:07:14 PM

I've been playing since Red, but I always end up taking a break, like I am now, till Pokebank comes out.
I love every type of game. Right now my current playing is:
Last of Us
DmC
Project X Zone
Senran Kagura Burst
---
http://i.imgur.com/z9ZcFt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TjWlxSW.png
#12Sephiroth0327Posted 1/31/2014 7:07:28 PM
Not sure where I fall in since I don't battle at all...ever. But I do get really into IVs, etc.. I'm 31 and married with 5 kids (wife and oldest 3 all play pokemon)
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
Current Breeding Projects: Breeding HP Fire Bulbasaur
#13TheCorruptAngelPosted 1/31/2014 7:16:05 PM
Pikachu300 posted...
[quote redacted]

I think you might want to make that statement stop existing. Be it either joking or an actual thing.
---
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#14KapuxaPosted 1/31/2014 7:16:39 PM
22 years old here.

I'd call myself semi-competitive.

I understant everything about the game, IVs, EVs, breeding...but what I really like to do is replay the games over and over but always getting something from it (I'm currently playing black with a Lucario, wich is going to be one of my "main" mons, and I'm also a legendary collector).

By "main" pokemon I mean a carefully breeded and EV trained mon, with the best movepool to cover himself.

I have a complete save file of all versions, since R/S.

I did play competitive on the 4th gen, but honestly, competitive pokemon players take the fun out of it, winning is a pure necessity, rage-quits, winning during the battle, making it look like ROCKET SCIENCE (and I did win a lot, so this is not a "guess he lost a lot" cases).

I now do free battles (no winning there, rage quits like hell still tho) and Battle Facilities (only missing completing all 5 maison trophys on Y, got them all on X).
#15Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 1/31/2014 7:19:19 PM
I'm a complete noob and I'm 22. Just started getting into the competitive scene when X/Y came out, when I was 21. And I only started EV training when Black/White came out lol
Though I feel I'm getting better.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kyeDL8j.gif
The official Royal Heir of GameFAQs!
#16jobacohuePosted 1/31/2014 7:31:10 PM
I'm this many (holds up 22 fingers). I never battle anyone or train pokemon to be perfect.
---
Official everything of everything.
If you can read this then you're not illiterate.
#17Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 7:46:31 PM
legendrider posted...
Just wondering...but what does age matter?
Is it just curiosity at work?
The ages won't be that different to those who do play competitively.

Just wondering if those who are absolutely oblivious to the stuff are very young playerbase or something. You know, sometimes knowing the age group helps you understand why people of a certain party insists on an opinion or two you can never fathom

From what i know, many competitive or semi competitive battlers fall under 17-30+ and mostly talk about how they got bored and thus ventured to new territory. In addition (it may get offensive here, sorry) most people who are COMPLETELY against competitive sound very naive. I'm not saying non Pokemon players who call stupids on us who "take pokemon seriously". I'm talking abt fans on this board who allegedly play the game and still think competitive is silly because *insert reasons that are just.. Stupid*
---
3DS FC: 2449-4661-4119
#18legendriderPosted 1/31/2014 7:58:52 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
legendrider posted...

Just wondering if those who are absolutely oblivious to the stuff are very young playerbase or something. You know, sometimes knowing the age group helps you understand why people of a certain party insists on an opinion or two you can never fathom

From what i know, many competitive or semi competitive battlers fall under 17-30+ and mostly talk about how they got bored and thus ventured to new territory. In addition (it may get offensive here, sorry) most people who are COMPLETELY against competitive sound very naive. I'm not saying non Pokemon players who call stupids on us who "take pokemon seriously". I'm talking abt fans on this board who allegedly play the game and still think competitive is silly because *insert reasons that are just.. Stupid*

Pssssshhh no need to apologise dude. It's all good here.

I see
I suppose the age group thing is true. It's just that, from what I've seen, most people on GameFAQs boards appear to be in their 20s or so.
Anyway, makes sense I guess.

Didn't know people thought competitive gameplay was silly. Though some have said it's a waste of time.

Myself, I don't breed and junk, so it makes things a lot easier, and when I've levelled a Pokemon, I can just get into battles.
I'm not really competitive. This is the most I've battled other people though as I've never had good wifi before.
I just focus more on....raising multiple Pokemon really not 'perfect' stuff. Seems like too much of a hassle, and I just want to play.
18 by the by
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#19LeafJouninPosted 1/31/2014 8:00:16 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
legendrider posted...

You're probably right. The first time I attended a Pokemon tournament, there were only Junior and senior divisions(Under/over 13). By the very next tournament Nintendo had added the over 18 Masters Division. I didn't really get into competitive battling because I got bored though. Like someone else said, I met some guys at college who were into it and I had a hard time beating them, so I tried my hand at EV training an Infernape. At this point I have two boxes of pokemon that went to the pokemon leagues with me, and almost three boxes of pokemon I EV trained. Only twenty or so of those were bred for IVs, so I've slowly gotten deeper and deeper along the way. Also, thanks for the kind words in your previous response to me.
#20Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 8:08:19 PM
That's pretty cool too. Your words do at least make you sound like you are aware of the competitive scene and understand that it has its merit, but you just can't get into it or just want to have your own way regardless

There are those who are just beyond one dimensional, saying things that are just sloppy while revealing they really know nothing at all. Things like "It's stupid because whoever attacks first win anyway" which actually is still some people's take on pokemon battling

Another thing i hope to achieve from doing this is so that casuals and competitive (like us right now) can discuss without breaking into flames and get to know how the other side's truly thinking. Given how offensive posts can be in the net, it's not a wonder why people hate each other
---
3DS FC: 2449-4661-4119