This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sudden Save Data corruption?

#1sonictom2Posted 2/1/2014 4:38:05 AM
i heard of ppl with a digital copy having there data all of the sudden corrupted. i got the digital copy. it hasnt happened to me, but im scared it will. any way i can prevent it from happening? give me some tips please
---
Yesh! dat yellow green denpa is mine!
#2PLD_Hawk18Posted 2/1/2014 4:50:32 AM
Often, Data Corruption is caused either by a fault inside the hardware or tampering with the software. If its a fault, itll either be in the SD Card and/or the SD Gate. You can save data on two different cards to help reduce the chance of SD Card corruption, though if its the SD Gate, youll need to have your 3DS repaired most likely.

If youre tampering with the Data though stuff like hacking, mining, dumping or glitching thats all on you. No way to prevent that kind of corruption from happening other than not doing it or at least doing it right. I know little about mining and dumping though if my days of hacking and glitching has taught me anything, if theres a risk of something happening, dont discount it from happening just because the risk is small.

Do note that the reported cases for data corruption is small right now and is mostly speculated to hardware faults, though thats if they are real (Mostly Mystery Zone Egg glitches so far). If you are fearful still, the only thing I can say is wait until more cases happen. If there is a fault with the software, Nintendo will patch it soon... Probably...
---
3DS FC: 2766 8833 2773
Unable to hatch eggs freely right now.
#3sonictom2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 4:55:34 AM
thanks, ill put it on my spare sd for backup
---
Yesh! dat yellow green denpa is mine!
#4Safari_DudePosted 2/1/2014 5:30:04 AM
It can happen to physical copies as well. Also backups only work for a little while, the 3DS has a system that prevents people from loading old backed up copies of the SD card.