This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomorrow's Serebii PotW is Weezing

#31DigiDude77Posted 2/2/2014 7:17:57 AM
Misdreavus573 posted...
Hydreigoon posted...
Countering Weezing

Heatran is the biggest counter to Weezing. Being of both the Fire and Steel types, it can resist practically every move in Weezing's movepool, which will force a switch out. Fire-type Pokémon such as Camerupt, Charizard, Magmortar etc. are fully able to switch into Weezing's attacks and do serious damage. However, if you want to completely KO Weezing, you'll want a Psychic-type. Any Psychic-type that can switch into its moves is logical, so you'll want to go with some bulky ones like Musharna, Claydol, Reuniclus and even Bronzong if it's Heatproof. Gardevoir used to be a decent counter, but don't trust it anymore as Weezing could kill it easily. However, if you're switching in after losing a Pokémon, then go for Pokémon like Jynx or Delphox. They'll be able to hit hard and fast, potentially OHKOing poor Weezing due to its poor Special Defense, but don't think of using them to switch into Weezing's attacks, Jynx would collapse under the Fire-type moves that are common in Weezing sets, and Delphox's physical Defense is just poor so it has a chance of being severely damaged.

Well that's not exactly insulting. Delphox's physical defense really is low, but it could take down a Weezing easily.

Complaining about that would be like complaining about bias against Gengar by pointing out it has bad physical Attack.

Except most Delphox run Psyshock over Psychic. Only a few run both.

252 SpA Delphox Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 152-182 (45.5 - 54.4%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

After a couple Pain Splits, Sludge Bomb would kill.
---
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>
#32JudgmenlPosted 2/2/2014 7:29:45 AM(edited)
fawful_X posted...
Weezing's PotW should have stated something about being countered by a Pikachu.

Those Thunderbolts, Iron Tails, Volt Tackles and Electro Balls really, really hurt.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://i.imgur.com/n07Ugft.png
GameFAQs Avatars: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/3-poll-of-the-day/68247615
#33mattgavinPosted 2/2/2014 8:00:04 AM
Lol fail on her description of belch, can be used infinitely after eating a berry -.-
---
Friend code 1719-3812-1468
I have a steel safari :-D
#34MegaMage3003Posted 2/2/2014 8:08:43 AM
mattgavin posted...
Lol fail on her description of belch, can be used infinitely after eating a berry -.-

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
#35RatheVPosted 2/2/2014 8:09:07 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
I had to field tis one as BH was detained. I was nice to Delphox and look what happens, nobody posts about it :p

I'll be quite blunt and say I dislike the Delphox 'jokes', regardless of who writes them.

However, I find it funny that this is I think the second time you or somebody else has filled in for her, you mentioned it here, and get completely ignored.
#36Serebii from SPPPosted 2/2/2014 8:23:59 AM
MegaMage3003 posted...
mattgavin posted...

Apologies. I rushed this one last minute as BH disappeared, and forgot that specific bit about Belch. Corrected
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#37Felix6464Posted 2/2/2014 8:53:08 AM
MegaMage3003 posted...
mattgavin posted...

Apologies. I rushed this one last minute as BH disappeared, and forgot that specific bit about Belch. Corrected

Wait, what's going on with BlueHarvest? Is she okay?
---
Now remember, its ok to trade with someone you like, but when someone scams you in Pokemon, that's no good!
#GivePringlesBack
#38Serebii from SPPPosted 2/2/2014 9:12:28 AM
Felix6464 posted...
MegaMage3003 posted...
mattgavin posted...

Yeah she's fine. She just has a habit of leaving the articles to the last minute, and so when things go screwy, it leaves me to do it in a short time.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#39Felix6464Posted 2/2/2014 9:22:43 AM
Felix6464 posted...
MegaMage3003 posted...
mattgavin posted...

Yeah she's fine. She just has a habit of leaving the articles to the last minute, and so when things go screwy, it leaves me to do it in a short time.

Hm. I was wondering why the potw had improved in quality the last two weeks. :p
---
Now remember, its ok to trade with someone you like, but when someone scams you in Pokemon, that's no good!
#GivePringlesBack
#40Mr_PopelPosted 2/2/2014 9:24:01 AM
*A minute of silence please, it's day of the weezing*
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
3DS friend Code: 5413 - 0087 - 2782