This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How I know this game's target audience is children

#41ShinyTepigPosted 2/2/2014 4:58:31 AM
GoGoat posted...
PrintScreenKey posted...
Scynt posted...
Darmanitan, Krickitune, and Steelix are pretty f***ing scary.

You really get scared from that?
I take it you've never played horror games with monsters to know real fear.

You really get scared from those?

I take it you haven't come to know the real fear of life.

Yeah, spiders, they mean business... *shudders*
#42hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 2/2/2014 5:09:44 AM
PrintScreenKey posted...
Scynt posted...
Darmanitan, Krickitune, and Steelix are pretty f***ing scary.

You really get scared from that?
I take it you've never played horror games with monsters to know real fear.

original games...

the one tower thats said to have some sort death song...
them ghost before you get the one item...

more on that most of the pokemon games... are really scary...
i mean did you see thos graphics idk how i played them

but other then that scary mah the only game that i think creeped me out when i was lil
was super metroid and that was mostly do to start music with frighteningly murdered pixalated remains every were oh and the fish bosses are/ghost ship boss was bit creepy to but keep in mind...
i was a lil kid...
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#43LegendarySoulPosted 2/2/2014 5:09:44 AM
PrintScreenKey posted...
For a game with hundreds of made-up monsters not to have any scary ones is the biggest giveaway.
I looked up the scariest looking pokemon to verify. They are NOT scary.

What about that one that was holding a knife covered in dripping blood?
#445jira_ThresholdPosted 2/2/2014 5:32:16 AM
Mariofan4ever posted...
you try finding a skeleton missingno at age 8, tell me how you feel then.

Have you read some of the pokedex entries? Phantump, Trevenant, Chandelure, Cubone and Driftloon to name a few.Plus, I think Darkrai killed someone.

I can't seem to recall which one but I think the JP Dex entry for Frillish or Jellicent stated something along the lines of grabbing children playing near the shore, dragging them into the sea, and drowning them to death.

When I saw the Frillish just hanging around Undella Bay in White 2 I got a slight case of the shivers.
---
I'm bothered by the very fact that people exist, but you're an exception.
#45Shadow688Posted 2/2/2014 5:39:16 AM
when u read the pokedex details of some of the pokemon u may realize that this game is getting less and less for kids
#46gkathellarPosted 2/2/2014 5:49:38 AM
Things don't have to be for kids or adults. Good children's stories have included ugly, dark elements since time immemorial, and even the ones that don't often have shadowy imagery or overwhelming displays of human vice. The best stories aren't "good for adults," or "good for children," they're just good.
---
Parents, talk to your children about GameFAQs before it's too late.
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835 / Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra / FS: Throh, Machoke, Breloom
#47WetstewPosted 2/2/2014 5:49:57 AM
metroidfan987 posted...
Dan Schnieder, the man who created iCarly, Victorious, and the spin-off Sam & Cat, is an evil genius. In the series premiere of Sam & Cat, you'll see Jennette McCurdy grind a man's crotch with her butt.

Rocko sets off a race based rant in the middle of a supermarket.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=flQXmz2AReQ
Actually a lot of the early season stuff in that show made my jaw drop in awe that it got past censors.

(If you spend enough time around a racist you'll eventually hear something very similar to what the pig (?) says in the video. Especially after a few beers)
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#48fullhans1Posted 2/2/2014 5:58:55 AM
In the older games, there was actually still a little edgy stuff, that kept stuff interesting.

Like the Pokemon Tower. A huge Pokemon graveyard. Or that one of the evil teams cut of Slowpoke tail and sold them for profit.

Now the only place with any edge left is the Pokedex entries.
---
Push the button. Welcome to the next level.
#49gkathellarPosted 2/2/2014 6:05:45 AM
fullhans1 posted...
In the older games, there was actually still a little edgy stuff, that kept stuff interesting.

Like the Pokemon Tower. A huge Pokemon graveyard. Or that one of the evil teams cut of Slowpoke tail and sold them for profit.

Now the only place with any edge left is the Pokedex entries.

Well, to be fair, Unova had its own Pokemon Tower, and the storyline of Platinum was pretty dark (it helped that Cyrus was one of the most purely evil villains this franchise has ever had, and that Giratina is more-or-less implied to be the Devil).

But in general, I agree that things have gotten a lot more ... candy-coated? Kanto and Sinnoh in particular were scary places to live. I don't want to act like "dark = adult," because that's a pretty childish notion, but Unova and Kalos were both pretty saccharine. Hell, Reshiram and Zekrom aren't even fundamentally threatening to the balance of nature like the other cover legends have been.
---
Parents, talk to your children about GameFAQs before it's too late.
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835 / Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra / FS: Throh, Machoke, Breloom
#50ActionButlerPosted 2/2/2014 6:09:49 AM
Scary compared to what? The game is a wildlife biologist sim. What is the scariest thing that you could run into in nature? A bear? Got some of those. Alligator? Got some of those. Giant rat? Check.
---
3DS FC - 0232-9323-9187