This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So sick of Battle Spot Choice Band Gale Wings Brave Bird Talonflame.

#1AODSoulUnisonPosted 2/2/2014 8:07:04 PM
Just needed to get that off my chest.
---
[ - - - - - - - PSWii60 - 3DSP(x3)(x2) - Vita - PC(x3) - - - - - - - ]
{ [ : - : [ OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL SOMETHING-OR-OTHER ] : - : ] }
#2InhaledCornPosted 2/2/2014 8:11:07 PM
It's not just Battlespot.

Talonflame is literally everywhere. I don't know what they were smoking when the decided to give an already really fast Pokemon freaking priority Brave Bird.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Pokemon Friend Safari: Nincada, Sandshrew, Gastrodon
#3XavuuPosted 2/2/2014 8:12:53 PM
Me too. I have Empoleon now.
---
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#4the_cajun88Posted 2/2/2014 8:14:35 PM(edited)
InhaledCorn posted...
Talonflame is literally everywhere.

no it isn't

it is not literally everywhere
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/N8Ey8qd.jpg
#5Shigmiya64Posted 2/2/2014 8:16:22 PM(edited)
InhaledCorn posted...

Talonflame is literally everywhere. I don't know what they were smoking when the decided to give an already really fast Pokemon freaking priority Brave Bird.

You're right. All that speed just goes to waste with Priority. They should've given Talonflame a high attack stat instead.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#6Model_OmegaPosted 2/2/2014 8:18:53 PM(edited)
There's clearly a balancing issue when people frequently run a 4x Rock Weak mon, I mean even popular mons like Volcarona, Charizard Y and ****ing Ho-Oh get a lot of flak for being 4x weak to SR despite their obvious strength.
Yeah 81 Atk, so what, there aren't a lot of non-defencive mons that can survive 2x Choice'd Brave Burd that don't already resist Flying, and even then there's Steel Wing, Flare Blitz, U-Turn, Swords Dance, Roost.... holy jebus GF? Do you even test this ****?
---
3DS FC: 5198-2590-6008
SilverWingedOne: "Nothing can beat the original seven hundred and twenty-one Pokemon."
#7SorrySleepingPosted 2/2/2014 8:18:29 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
InhaledCorn posted...

You're right. All that speed just goes to waste with Priority. They should've given Talonflame a high attack stat instead.

This. Would you really want to see a
100 | 150 | 90 | 50 | 90 | 20
Talonflame with Priority Brave Bird?
---
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
"Fiora's got the best everything. Except, you know, in-game effectiveness." -TheEvilOmega
#8KIngdomSora50Posted 2/2/2014 8:20:02 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
Shigmiya64 posted...
InhaledCorn posted...

This. Would you really want to see a
100 | 150 | 90 | 50 | 90 | 20
Talonflame with Priority Brave Bird?

Instant uber.
---
FC: 0705-3611-4725 LUIZ
#9SorrySleepingPosted 2/2/2014 8:24:55 PM
Flying is bad offensively. If it is copypasta movesets, I see it doing worse since it won't be able to Flare Blitz or U-Turn without getting hit. Yeah it has bulk, but it also has crappy typing.
---
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
"Fiora's got the best everything. Except, you know, in-game effectiveness." -TheEvilOmega
#10Matt_the_noobPosted 2/4/2014 11:30:38 AM
Choice Band Aerodactly shrugs off Talonflame.
Regular Aerodactyl laughs at it.
Brave bird and Flare Blitz will do only half damage even if Talonflame has choice band.
---
And now the final ritual...the paddling of the swollen ass by paddles.
3DS(2DSc:) FC: 2638-1134-1121