This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG... New shiny factor?!

#1FalxXDPosted 2/4/2014 4:47:08 AM
So I have this inversion device for my back, basically you hang upside down and everything straightens out... However I usually get bored, so I decided to play pokemon, needed to evolve inkay.

I just ran into two shiny eevees back to back.

I have no idea if it was just luck, or if there is anything else too it. I do not have the shiny charm.
---
Not only am I the Official Male Chansey of the pokemon boards,
I am the Official Male Chansey of the pokemon boards!
#2PLD_Hawk18Posted 2/4/2014 4:49:29 AM
Odds got changed. I believe the new odds are 1/4000. Maybe its 1/2000, dont remember the exact odds.
---
3DS FC: 2766 8833 2773
Unable to hatch eggs freely right now.
#3gkathellarPosted 2/4/2014 4:55:45 AM
FalxXD posted...
So I have this inversion device for my back, basically you hang upside down and everything straightens out...

That has to be the coolest medical treatment I have ever heard of.

... okay, maybe not as cool as "well, we'll just poison you, and since you have more cells than the disease, we figure you'll survive and it won't," but that's a tough bar to pass. Coolest orthopedic one, anyway.
---
Parents, talk to your children about GameFAQs before it's too late.
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835 / Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra / FS: Throh, Machoke, Breloom
#4_SiTro_Posted 2/4/2014 4:58:37 AM
PLD_Hawk18 posted...
Odds got changed. I believe the new odds are 1/4000. Maybe its 1/2000, dont remember the exact odds.

1/4096 for a given pokemon to be shiny in the absence of any modifiers (MM, Friend Safari, Shiny charm etc.).
---
3DS FC: 3840-6516-6461
Friend Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede. PM me for: Wide Guard Honedge
#5Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 2/4/2014 5:00:02 AM
Wow, man no joke...but I just CAUGHT a shiny Togepi with this method in one of my Friend Safari! lmao
The shiny doesn't look that much different though..
---
http://i.imgur.com/tGzHyvF.jpg
The official Royal Heir of GameFAQs!
#6FalxXD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 5:10:12 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Wow, man no joke...but I just CAUGHT a shiny Togepi with this method in one of my Friend Safari! lmao
The shiny doesn't look that much different though..

I guess that upside down mechanic is for more than just inkay. I wish I could try it more, but all the blood rushed to my head, that, and my kids are awake now.
---
Not only am I the Official Male Chansey of the pokemon boards,
I am the Official Male Chansey of the pokemon boards!
#7SMASHKING84Posted 2/4/2014 5:13:19 AM
_SiTro_ posted...
PLD_Hawk18 posted...

1/4096 for a given pokemon to be shiny in the absence of any modifiers (MM, Friend Safari, Shiny charm etc.).

what are the odds with mm now?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaLymBZLlbI
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
#8Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 2/4/2014 5:33:18 AM
Damn! Just caught another and it's a Lampent! Idk if it's just the start of a lucky day but damn, I'm not complaining! :D
---
http://i.imgur.com/tGzHyvF.jpg
The official Royal Heir of GameFAQs!