This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Transfering from Gen IV --> Gen V

#1Miksu454Posted 2/4/2014 4:14:24 AM
I have a copy of Platinum (and Pearl) and I don't have any gen V game. I'm going to probably buy black 2 or white 2. I have understood that there is a way in gen V games to transfer pokemon from IV to them. Do you need to beat the game or is it available from the start? I only have 29 days until my free pass expires on bank so I need to know if I'm going to have to do a speed run.
---
Little Koko never had a chance...
3DS FC: 2681-0528-4713 Pokemon X safari (Ground): Wooper, Dugtrio, Palpitoad
#2Xenesis XenonPosted 2/4/2014 4:15:24 AM
The Transfer place in Gen V requires you to beat the Elite 4, so you may have to speed run it unfortunately.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#3Irvine TomoePosted 2/4/2014 4:15:29 AM
You have to beat the game, AND you need 2 DS systems available at the time of transfer.
---
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
3DS code for Pokemon Y: Hotaru, 4012-5008-6899
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 2/4/2014 4:20:40 AM
Irvine Tomoe posted...
You have to beat the game, AND you need 2 DS systems available at the time of transfer.

Of course, if you have a DS and a 3DS, that also works.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5Miksu454(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 4:22:59 AM
Irvine Tomoe posted...

Really? Well I do have a DSi and my 3DS.

Any tips for a speedrun? Usually takes me 2 months to get through a pokemon game, but that is with me exploring everything.
---
Little Koko never had a chance...
3DS FC: 2681-0528-4713 Pokemon X safari (Ground): Wooper, Dugtrio, Palpitoad
#6ShamankianPosted 2/4/2014 4:24:23 AM
Miksu454 posted...
Irvine Tomoe posted...

Any tips for a speedrun? Usually takes me 2 months to get through a pokemon game, but that is with me exploring everything.

Audino's are your friends. Also, Sword Dance on the Trio legendary thingies are really a godsend for the League. And otherwise, just try not to explore :P
#7playingrobotPosted 2/4/2014 4:27:05 AM
Miksu454 posted...
Irvine Tomoe posted...

Then don't explore and go through it. Though you'll probably need to grind.
---
Pokemon X:1263-6784-7845 PM me so I can add you!
Give back chunkyshtew's Pringles!!!