This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't use pokebuilder unless you hate yourself and money

#1MogKnightAzurePosted 2/4/2014 7:34:22 AM
I saw like 3 topics already where players are having issues transferring pokemon made from the pokebuilder app... I haven't even heard of this thing until now so I looked it up.

It is a phone app that you PAY for that makes pokemon. Are you god damn kidding me? People PAID for this? You guys DO realize that this is based off of an entirely free and superior service we've had for YEARS now, right? And wow, it doesn't even do its job properly, imagine that.

Just look at the customer reviews here...

Mind = blown

by The guy who last docked you
The sheer fact that I can create battle-ready Pokémon and transfer them from black and white to X and Y for some competitive battling when pokébank comes out is mind blowing. This is an amazing app, totally worthy of its price.

Update for x and y please

by Loomer329
Great app, just update for x and y please

Awesome

by CmonNintendo
Totaly awesome no question about it just plz update for x and y soon

WOW I CAN CREATE BATTLE-READY POKEMON WHEN POKEBANK HITS?! First of all, this suggests this nitwit bought this app BEFORE bank came out so he's already praising this app highly without actually knowing if it does its damn job yet (it doesn't apparently). Second, as stated before, we've been doing this without the need for external devices since GEN 4.

'Update for X and Y please' my god these morons. Like this is some sort of official app that GameFreak is totally okay with and there's no reason why it can't work with X and Y. What do you mean this program exploits the GTS system of the old games to send badly hacked pokemon to my game?

Listen, guys. If you bought this app, you've got a tough life ahead of you. "A fool and his money are often parted" as they say. I guess I can't blame you for being afraid to ask around here though what with the loud group of bigoted 'anti-hackers' we have around here.

Look, get Pokegen. It has existed for quite some time and you can use it to create pokemon (.pkm files) with access to every bit of data you'll ever need to edit on a pokemon in the most user-friendly way possible. There's plenty of documentation on how to use it and you'll find that when you find pokegen on google. I'm not saying its easy to use, but if you put forth a bit of effort you will manage. You don't need to be a software engineer or have any background in pokemon hacking to do this.

https://www.pokecheck.org/ - This is where you want to go to collect the pokemon you've created. I haven't used this in forever so I can't honestly say more than that but it looks like its still very active. There are also tons of archived working .pkm files here already so if you keep stumbling around pokegen and you give up, just take the pre-made stuff here. You should research event pokemon however because some otherwise 'actually legit' events are not transferring to bank, apparently. It's a case-by-case thing and I'm not sure on the details myself.

All you need is your Gen 4/5 game, your DS/3DS system, and a wireless connection to the internet. Don't go wasting your money on s*** that doesn't even work. Hacking pokemon has been a perfect, accessible, and free process for quite some time now.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#2The_DragonwPosted 2/4/2014 7:42:01 AM
I use PokeGTS.

I'd read Pokecheck was rather strict with sending Pokémon.
---
3DS FC: 1950 8577 8687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region: UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#3MogKnightAzure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:48:50 AM
The_Dragonw posted...
I use PokeGTS.

I'm not sure that would be a bad thing, or rather, I'm not sure why it would be 'more strict' if that doesn't mean that it filters pokemon that would not pass the in-game legality checks.

I heard pokeGTS was good too though. I just never used it, myself. Pokecheck was just fine for me.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#4GoGoatPosted 2/4/2014 7:49:01 AM
The_Dragonw posted...
I use PokeGTS.

Yeah, they attach ribbons to clones, and get real hostile toward hackers (despite having highly suspicious mons linked to their own accounts). You can still download the .pkm file and distribute it from your own computer, though, but personally I just use it for IV checking and backing up.

I hear event mons are getting flagged by bank, but if my Meloetta makes it through when I get home I may use my backup file to distribute more of it for the people who want it.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595 http://i.imgur.com/t35hiVk.jpg
#5gkathellarPosted 2/4/2014 7:50:33 AM
I feel you, TC, but people have been fooling other people into buying things that are free for ages, and it ain't about to stop.

On a completely unrelated note, I have this bridge I'm selling. Anyone interested?
---
Parents, talk to your children about GameFAQs before it's too late.
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835 / Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra / FS: Throh, Machoke, Breloom
#6BigWorldJustPosted 2/4/2014 7:51:06 AM
PokeManager would be better as it uses Pokecheck to confirm authenticity of your Pokemon. But in reference to PokeBuilder I am hearing many conflicting reports. Someone people are successfully able to use it, and some aren't.
---
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#7MogKnightAzure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 7:53:03 AM(edited)
So far the only event pokemon I've heard that are otherwise legit but not making the transfer are ones that require hacking to access their event... like the Azure Flute/Oak's Letter in Diamond/Pearl - the pokemon may have been caught perfectly legitimately but the events themselves never happened in those games (Oak's Letter happened in Platinum though). Also apparently shiny Jirachi which happened due to a glitch.
---
#8matt-nicklinPosted 2/4/2014 8:06:29 AM
It costs Ł1.50 not like that's a huge waste of money.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#9MogKnightAzure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 8:10:53 AM
matt-nicklin posted...

It is still a waste of money. You are buying something that is worse than what you can get for free.

BTW when you have a disposable income and you keep dismissing things like this as 'not a huge waste of money' you'll learn pretty quick how fast that adds up on you.
---
#10gkathellarPosted 2/4/2014 8:10:58 AM
matt-nicklin posted...

It costs 1.50 to download what is otherwise freeware. It's theft — both from any customers, and from the people who created things like Pokegen in the first place.
---
Parents, talk to your children about GameFAQs before it's too late.
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835 / Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra / FS: Throh, Machoke, Breloom