This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokebank F.A.Q.

#151RayCRPPosted 4/30/2014 11:33:11 PMmessage detail
I've had Bank for a while, but only recently finished getting my White 2 Pokemon in order for transfer. Question is: Do transferred Pokemon not retain a date at all? I hear the "traveled through time" tidbit completely takes the place of the date in the Summary. In Gen V, Gen IV Pokemon would automatically be set to the date of the receiving DS, which made it a hassle for me to constantly switch the date on the receiving DS, to ensure my event Pokemon retained the date of the original distribution. Is that no longer a concern with X/Y/Bank? Or do they still have a date, and if so, is it the original date on the Pokemon, or the date of the 3DS upon transfer?
---
Follow me on Miiverse/Twitter/Instagram: ChristianPonte
#152namiepantsPosted 5/10/2014 1:06:52 PMmessage detail
I have a question. I just don't know where to post this, but I obtained a dratini (dragonite now) through wt, and looking at the summary, by the shapes there's a pink smiley face. What does that mean? I looked everywhere and can't find what it means.
#153RayCRPPosted 5/10/2014 6:52:28 PMmessage detail
namiepants posted...
I have a question. I just don't know where to post this, but I obtained a dratini (dragonite now) through wt, and looking at the summary, by the shapes there's a pink smiley face. What does that mean? I looked everywhere and can't find what it means.

It means it had PokÚrus, and has since been cured of PokÚrus. It will still retain the benefits of PokÚrus when you EV-train it, but it can no longer spread it to others.
---
Masuda and me: http://imageshack.us/a/img89/3412/bnax.jpg
#154BlissedIgnoranc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 6:54:14 PMmessage detail
Pink smiley face means it had the Pokevirus or whatever and has recovered from it.

The pokevirus essentially doubles your EVs gained when training.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#155fortedsxPosted 5/11/2014 12:51:25 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#156namiepantsPosted 5/12/2014 10:36:03 AMmessage detail
RayCRP posted...
It means it had PokÚrus, and has since been cured of PokÚrus. It will still retain the benefits of PokÚrus when you EV-train it, but it can no longer spread it to others.

Gotcha. Thanks a bunch! =D
#157Sand_CoffinPosted 5/12/2014 2:42:14 PMmessage detail
Some questions...

1. I know you can use pokebank to transfer pokemon from game to game, but can you use pokebank to upload pokemon from one game then download/re acquire them in a new playthrough of the same game? Meaning upload from X, start a brand new game in X and get those pokekon back? If yes, how/when in game do you get them?

2. Do uploaded pokemon remain with the same skills and level you left off at when you re acquire them?

3. Maybe a bit early to ask but will uploaded pokemon from X or Y transfer to the new ruby snd sapphire games?
#158RayCRPPosted 5/12/2014 4:11:53 PMmessage detail
Sand_Coffin posted...
Some questions...

1. I know you can use pokebank to transfer pokemon from game to game, but can you use pokebank to upload pokemon from one game then download/re acquire them in a new playthrough of the same game? Meaning upload from X, start a brand new game in X and get those pokekon back? If yes, how/when in game do you get them?

2. Do uploaded pokemon remain with the same skills and level you left off at when you re acquire them?

3. Maybe a bit early to ask but will uploaded pokemon from X or Y transfer to the new ruby snd sapphire games?

1. Yes; after you get the PokÚdex.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.
---
#159Sand_CoffinPosted 5/12/2014 6:15:48 PMmessage detail
Thank you very much, RayCRP.

One last question, are accounts or data tied to your system? Like if I create an account on my 3DS then get a 3DS XL, does that change anything?
#160RayCRPPosted 5/12/2014 7:57:11 PMmessage detail
Sand_Coffin posted...
Thank you very much, RayCRP.

One last question, are accounts or data tied to your system? Like if I create an account on my 3DS then get a 3DS XL, does that change anything?

Everything (including Bank) is tied to your Nintendo Network ID account, but it can only be on one system at a time. If you get an XL, you can transfer everything from the 3DS to the 3DS XL, erasing the original 3DS once the transfer is done.
---