This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokebank F.A.Q.

#81TheTonynessPosted 2/8/2014 11:45:07 PMmessage detail
if you transfer a pokemon to bank then to a different game will it evolve? cus that would be helpful as i dont have anyone to trade with.
#82Unimatrix Zero OnePosted 2/9/2014 10:12:32 AMmessage detail
Inferno700 posted...
While in the bank if I moved every pokemon from my bank to a box on my cartridge then back to the bank does it count towards an entry in the dex?

I ask because I started a new file the other day and before coming in to work I did this while sorting my Pokemon. I hope it will give me dex entries so it will help me avoid duplicating Pokemon taking up space. If I have the entry I simply won't capture a wild Pokemon. I didn't have enough time to check before I had to leave. The only poke I know specifically I moved to my inventory from bank it turns out I left on my cartridge.

You'd have to dump the Pokemon from Bank to your game - and SAVE the changes. That should just about do it. Then I'd recommend firing up your X/Y to ensure that all the entries are there, then go ahead and put them back.

TheTonyness posted...
if you transfer a pokemon to bank then to a different game will it evolve? cus that would be helpful as i dont have anyone to trade with.

No, Bank doesn't count as a trade, but there's a way to get trade evolves solo. Say - on your X you have a Graveler that you want to evolve. So on Y, put up some Route 2 trash looking for a Graveler - put a comment so you know it's yours, then switch to your X, put up your Graveler looking for that same Route 2 trashmon. And then you can just use Bank to transfer your new Golem back. This would work for shuttling items over too - except Mega Stones.
---
One of the many fools who facepalmed after throwing a thief armed with a Magichanged Prinny.
#83TheTonynessPosted 2/9/2014 10:48:26 PMmessage detail
thanks Unimatrix Zero One. its hard to trust people out there. be ripped off a couple of times.
#84BasiliskPosted 2/10/2014 6:45:35 PMmessage detail
Quite possibly a stupid question, but...can a shiny Manaphy be transferred successfully through this?

(since Game Freak "assumes" all shiny Manaphy are hacked...and yet I'm a legitimate OT of one)
---
[insert signature here]
#85Dictator_RichPosted 2/10/2014 8:25:02 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#86PABBPosted 2/10/2014 9:45:16 PMmessage detail
Anyone actually got their bank banned because of hacked/unlegit Pokémon like it says it might do when you register?

The Arceus you get in D/P by triggering that event that was coded but never used in the US seems more "earned" than that random level 100 one they tossed at people in 2009.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I missed it and that those damned plates have been taunting me for the last five years.
#87BlissedIgnoranc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 10:00:22 PMmessage detail
PABB posted...
Anyone actually got their bank banned because of hacked/unlegit Pokémon like it says it might do when you register?

No, while they have the ability to. They have not and most likely will never ban anyone.

Arceus has been a few events. TRU and Dream World both come to mind.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#88PABBPosted 2/10/2014 10:19:19 PMmessage detail
Thanks for the reply, that's reassuring :D

Also, there was more than one legit way to get Arceus? Crap, now I can bite my fingers twice :P

Here's a random data point: niknaming a Pokémon like this:
' OR 1=1 --
did not seem to break anything on Nintendo's servers :-D
can't use semicolumn, though, and if the name has any chance to be used for injection, it'll be on INSERTS only.

Cheers ^_^
#89pokemonzeroPosted 2/12/2014 6:47:18 AMmessage detail
Do cloned pokemon get through pokebank
---
http://i.imgur.com/6csvFUJ.png
sorry about my spelling but my dsi has no autospell and I am too lazy to open a dictionary
#90Anime_Addict913Posted 2/12/2014 6:53:42 AMmessage detail
Quick question about Celebi
I have both games is there a way to get the Celebi on both of them.
---
I am who I am. I refuse to change to fit what others think I should be.
3DS 0817-3919-7116 Shinigami