This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I transfer Duskull or Kecleon from the Dream World to X/Y, will their ability

#11-Unowninator-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 9:23:12 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
-Unowninator- posted...
CountPopeula posted...
Kecleon definitely won't. Duskull might if it has the hidden ability flag set. You'd have to evolve it to know, though. But you might not be able to transfer a pokemon with its normal ability and the hidden ability flag set.

But abilities are reset when a pokemon evolves, not at any other point. So a Kecleon would never get Protean even if it had its flag set, because it doesn't evolve.

That said, did the Dream World even generate pokemon with the hidden ability flag on if the pokemon didn't have a hidden ability?

Why would one succeed, but not the other?

The change would occur upon evolution. Duskull can evolve. Kecleon can't.

I transferred a Scolipede w/ Quick Feet & it changed to Speed Boost.
---
''I don't make the rules, I just break them'' ~ Molamelerieth
FC: 3007-8077-9159 Sign my petition to allow more PMs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-/68039387
#12DasManiacPosted 2/9/2014 10:04:09 AM
Duskull still has the Hidden Ability Frisk. I know because I have one. Kecleon still has the hidden ability Protean. Since both are available in the Friend Safari if you transfer them with their hidden ability, they'll still have them.
#13-Unowninator-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 11:09:08 AM
DasManiac posted...
Duskull still has the Hidden Ability Frisk. I know because I have one. Kecleon still has the hidden ability Protean. Since both are available in the Friend Safari if you transfer them with their hidden ability, they'll still have them.

I'm asking about the Dream World, not the Friend Safari.
---
FC: 3007-8077-9159 Sign my petition to allow more PMs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-/68039387
#14ForgottenTimePosted 2/9/2014 11:13:44 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
-Unowninator- posted...
CountPopeula posted...
Kecleon definitely won't. Duskull might if it has the hidden ability flag set. You'd have to evolve it to know, though. But you might not be able to transfer a pokemon with its normal ability and the hidden ability flag set.

But abilities are reset when a pokemon evolves, not at any other point. So a Kecleon would never get Protean even if it had its flag set, because it doesn't evolve.

That said, did the Dream World even generate pokemon with the hidden ability flag on if the pokemon didn't have a hidden ability?

Why would one succeed, but not the other?

The change would occur upon evolution. Duskull can evolve. Kecleon can't.

Doesn't Snivey's ability become Contrary once you transfer it with it's HA flag set to 1 even though the ability was overgrow?
#15neb555Posted 2/9/2014 11:37:21 AM
Nope, they don't get their ability changed. Also, all those Pokemon that gained 10 base stat points this gen? They don't keep it if they transfer. </sarcasm>
---
I'm putting my 3DS code in my signature because it's annoying always having to look it up.
Ben Tony, 1418-6700-9920
#16-Unowninator-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 11:48:02 AM
neb555 posted...
Nope, they don't get their ability changed. Also, all those Pokemon that gained 10 base stat points this gen? They don't keep it if they transfer. </sarcasm>

... Was that really necessary?
---