This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction: Mega Evolutions are dropped in Gen 7, however..

#41CircleOfManiasPosted 2/7/2014 7:43:44 PM(edited)
Chemuraderie posted...
I'm gonna vote No on this.

Because of one item: Eviolite.

Under the assumed circumstances, "3rd evolutions" would probably have double the defense of their fully evolved counterparts, thus making 4th evolutions kind of pointless if the only way to counter 4th evo pokemon is with 3rd evo holding eviolites. Second evos would become lolworthless.

Metagame is already screwed up enough as it is.

So just to clarify, power is determined by the number of times something evolved? Wow, I should replace my Skarmory with a Pidgeot and my Scizor with a Butterfree, if that's the case.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#42rampardosrulesPosted 2/7/2014 7:45:34 PM
JustinTheJagged posted...
I would be okay with it. My favorite pokemon would get a super awesome evolution and I don't play competitively so it's a win/win for me.

That right there is what's called being a selfish dick.
---
"Gosto de todos, menos do Ramiro, que e repetente"
- Bruno Aleixo
#43DrakoVongola1Posted 2/7/2014 7:45:58 PM
So then the Megas get to hold items? Gods help us all o-o
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#44DrakoVongola1Posted 2/7/2014 7:47:53 PM
Spacefrisian posted...
Gamefreak pulled a smart move here (for those who actually read) as the stones needed for mega evolution can only be found in the Kalos region.

That just means they aren't in any previous region, it's incredibly naive to believe they'd go through the trouble of making this new mechanic only to drop it next gen. Unless of course there was massive outcry against it, but in general people seem to like Mega forms. Which is good, because they are awesome.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#45rampardosrulesPosted 2/7/2014 7:51:59 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
Chemuraderie posted...
I'm gonna vote No on this.

Because of one item: Eviolite.

Under the assumed circumstances, "3rd evolutions" would probably have double the defense of their fully evolved counterparts, thus making 4th evolutions kind of pointless if the only way to counter 4th evo pokemon is with 3rd evo holding eviolites. Second evos would become lolworthless.

Metagame is already screwed up enough as it is.

So just to clarify, power is determined by the number of times something evolved? Wow, I should replace my Skarmory with a Pidgeot and my Scizor with a Butterfree, if that's the case.

Are you serious? Most of the pokémon who got Mega Evolutions already had pretty good defensive stats. Giving them a pathway to use Eviolite wouldn't be balanced like it is with NFE pokémon of today. Gyarados with more than 450 SDef and 350 Def is not balanced.
It's not a matter of how many times a Pokémon evolves, it's about WHAT POKÉMON get to use Eviolite.
---
"Gosto de todos, menos do Ramiro, que e repetente"
- Bruno Aleixo
#46Hydreigoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 10:33:04 PM
bump
---
3DS FC: 3780 9238 3895 (Hydreigoon) Pokemon Y IGN: Hydreigoon
PSN: Shiny_Hydreigon PM me if you added me
#47porygon_z_129Posted 2/7/2014 10:40:18 PM
Mega-Mawile with Choice Scarf?
Mega-Gengar with Choice Scarf?
Mega-Kangaskhan with Leftovers?