This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think there is anything left to discover in X&Y?

#21tathraPosted 2/7/2014 6:05:59 PM
Wetstew posted...
I doubt they will add new megas or pokemon in patches. They could have a patch spread like the "berry glitch fix" in gen 3, but a tiny fix like that is different than whole new Pokemon.

They could do mega evolutions by just applying the ability and stat change without changing the model. Nintendo isn't that "sloppy" though.

gen 3 was not made with the concept of easy patching in mind. games these days are. iirc, shin megami tensei 4, for example, doesnt have any of the dlc demon or item details in the original code, so they dont exist in the game unless you download them. adding new mons and megas is the same.
---
3ds fc - 3625-8580-9519 - Official Trader's Guild member
TSV - 1940 - Poison Safari (Garbodor, Seviper, Toxicroak) - Free Pokerus, Happy Hour Smeargles
#22kable86Posted 2/7/2014 6:07:27 PM
What's the story behind creepy girl cutscene?
---
++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++
#23mattgavinPosted 2/7/2014 6:08:23 PM
tathra posted...
Wetstew posted...
I doubt they will add new megas or pokemon in patches. They could have a patch spread like the "berry glitch fix" in gen 3, but a tiny fix like that is different than whole new Pokemon.

They could do mega evolutions by just applying the ability and stat change without changing the model. Nintendo isn't that "sloppy" though.

gen 3 was not made with the concept of easy patching in mind. games these days are. iirc, shin megami tensei 4, for example, doesnt have any of the dlc demon or item details in the original code, so they dont exist in the game unless you download them. adding new mons and megas is the same.

What happens if you haven't got the patch and you battle someone who has tho? Its too much bother for gf
---
Friend code 1719-3812-1468
I have a steel safari :-D
#24tathraPosted 2/7/2014 6:11:29 PM
mattgavin posted...
What happens if you haven't got the patch and you battle someone who has tho? Its too much bother for gf

there were people who took out their SD card to find out exactly that. the display for the armor was just some generic weak armor, but i think it might've had its actual stats. i dont remember if they said anything about the dlc demons. i havent played or been on the SMT4 boards in months ever since i finished nearly everything in it, so my memory is quite foggy.

there's only a few shady companies, like Capcom, who program everything into the games but lock it off, and force you to buy an unlock code for what already exists in the game.
---
TSV - 1940 - Poison Safari (Garbodor, Seviper, Toxicroak) - Free Pokerus, Happy Hour Smeargles
#25WetstewPosted 2/7/2014 7:44:42 PM
tathra posted...
Wetstew posted...

SMT4 doesn't have the multiplayer aspect to it that Pokemon has. (Does it? I got about a third of the way through it without any kind of pvp unlocking)

They could get around megas by not using different models in games without the patch. Which would lack the polish that the rest of the game has.

They could have it set up to pass patches before the battle/trade, but that could lead to glitches or exploits. Not to mention it would be a massive pain to debug.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#26Doctor_SpankyPosted 2/7/2014 7:46:04 PM
Maybe XY can help you discover yourself
---
Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.
#27tathraPosted 2/7/2014 7:48:13 PM(edited)
Wetstew posted...
SMT4 doesn't have the multiplayer aspect to it that Pokemon has. (Does it? I got about a third of the way through it without any kind of pvp unlocking)

They could get around megas by not using different models in games without the patch. Which would lack the polish that the rest of the game has.

They could have it set up to pass patches before the battle/trade, but that could lead to glitches or exploits. Not to mention it would be a massive pain to debug.

yeah, all the mons and moves have to already be programmed into pokemon games or else they wont show up for everyone. but you cant get online without the most recent patch, so if they release new stuff via patch, everyone will have it. i dont think you can even do local wireless battles or trades this gen, can you?
---
#28mattgavinPosted 2/7/2014 7:48:27 PM
tathra posted...
Wetstew posted...

yeah, all the mons and moves have to already be programmed into pokemon games or else they wont show up for everyone. but you cant get online without the most recent patch, so if they release new stuff via patch, everyone will have it. i dont think you can even do local wireless battles this gen, can you?

Yes you can which is my point, for people who don't have wifi who battle their friends locally it won't work. There are probs other situations as well but cba thinking of them at 2:50 am
---
Friend code 1719-3812-1468
I have a steel safari :-D
#29tathraPosted 2/7/2014 8:00:59 PM
mattgavin posted...
Yes you can which is my point, for people who don't have wifi who battle their friends locally it won't work. There are probs other situations as well but cba thinking of them at 2:50 am

its possible to include version checks and stuff, and prevent trading or battles between, for example, a version 1.3 game and anything lower.

all of this is speculation anyway, and its unlikely we'll see much beyond diancie, hoopa, volcanion, and mega lati@s except for maybe a couple other new megas before Z.
---
#30BuriBuriZaemonPosted 2/7/2014 8:11:48 PM
I've rediscovered my youth playing X/Y.
---
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Nintendo DS Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (please kindly PM if you added me.)