This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After finally playing Colosseum...

#21DrakoVongola1Posted 2/10/2014 1:26:59 PM
mudballman posted...
It would take 3 games to skyrocket wii u sales, and one is already happening.

Making the new super smash brothers, a new pokemon game like colosseum, and making sonic adventure 3 would make nintendo so much money, they wouldn't know what to do with it

They tried to make Sonic Adventure 3 once already. Surely I'm not the only one who was unsuccessful at scrubbing this abomination from his memory: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#22mudballmanPosted 2/10/2014 1:27:44 PM
Gogito4 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
84Mantines posted...
I would absolutely love another Colosseum, or even another Battle Revolution.

I wouldn't buy a Wii U just for that, but with Hyrule Warriors and another SSB game, I'd probably buy it for those three.

But Smash Bros is also going to be on the 3DS >_>

Unless I missed something (which is possible since the only info I've kept up with about it is the roster) and the Wii U version is going to have some big difference to it, or SSB means something else

3DS Smash Bros has no online, ergo, it sucks.

Neither did melee but that game is one of my all time favorites.
---
Official Nidoking of pokemon x and y boards! Shiny value:2057
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645 White 2 fc: 2538 5836 3049
#23SPACED1969Posted 2/10/2014 1:30:26 PM
I bought a gamecube just for colleseum - worth every penny (then XD came out which made it even more worthwhile). Then I bought a Wii for Battle Revolution (biggest pile of crap ever). I already have a Wii U but won't rush into buying any pokemon game for it
---
3DS 2895-7633-9240 SPACED (Safari has Gyarados, Bibarel, Frogadier)
W2 1078-4185-4178
#24OnlyAHeroPosted 2/10/2014 1:40:39 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
mudballman posted...

Making the new super smash brothers, a new pokemon game like colosseum, and making sonic adventure 3 would make nintendo so much money, they wouldn't know what to do with it

They tried to make Sonic Adventure 3 once already. Surely I'm not the only one who was unsuccessful at scrubbing this abomination from his memory: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

I was gonna point this out, as I actually managed to beat that game on my 360. If Sega had a few extra months, they could've ironed out the bugs and made a decent game. The story still would've dragged it down, but it would've been acceptable and not received the backlash it did.
---
PSN: GiroTheHero
"In a world without flatbread, we would have been Giros." ~Oroken
#25Lady-LucyPosted 2/10/2014 1:40:50 PM
I bought a 3DS specifically to play Pokémon X & Y.

Granted, I also bought Fire Emblem and now Pokémon's been collecting Dust for quite a while (and SMT IV is also collecting Dust waiting for me to be done with Fire Emblem), so I'd say it's a purchase well worth it.

I also bought a Wii around the time Skyward Sword was announced, again, bought other games like SSMB, Mario Kart Wii, and a ton of VC games (Mainly Zelda games).

I will DEFINITELY be buying a Wii U whenever the next Zelda game decides to come out, so if they release a Pokémon game by then, that coupled with Zelda and already existing Mario games (I played 3D world at a friend's house, I admit it was pretty fun), it might be enough to push people over the edge to buy a Wii U.

Seriously, if Nintendo plays their cards right, they could be profiting from Wii U sales instead of loosing like thei currently are (were? I don't follow them that much nowadays).
---
Currently MM'ing : Cottonee, If anyone wants a free 5IV Spanish Prankster Timid Cottonee w/ Egg Moves don't be afraid to PM me for one :3
#26DarkHeroRavenPosted 2/10/2014 1:51:00 PM
Day one buy.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC: 3866-8144-2758 Pokemon Y IGN: Raven
#27DrakoVongola1Posted 2/10/2014 1:55:29 PM
OnlyAHero posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
mudballman posted...

I was gonna point this out, as I actually managed to beat that game on my 360. If Sega had a few extra months, they could've ironed out the bugs and made a decent game. The story still would've dragged it down, but it would've been acceptable and not received the backlash it did.

I managed to beat it too, I even got bought out the shop as everyone since I was bored and wanted to know what the stone thingies did for Sonic. You're probably not wrong, a few more months would have done wonders for that game, but up until Colors, which I haven't played so I won't judge it or anything after it, the games after 06 consistently sucked. I don't have much faith in everybody's former favorite blue hedgehog.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#28TubbusPosted 2/10/2014 1:58:23 PM
OnlyAHero posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
mudballman posted...

I too managed to complete it, and yes, with a few months more production, it could have been decent. Shame. I love Sonic, but that game gives me nightmares.
I reckon a new Pokemon game ala XD would help spur more Wii U sales, but only if they release it at the right time with more exclusives to back it up, making them seem like 'essential gaming purchases'.

They could irritate everyone by making one of the XY event legendaries only avaliable from the Wii U game as well, but it could make for some sales for Pokedex fanatics?
#29ZinogreSparksPosted 2/10/2014 2:00:30 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
awesome105 posted...
Wallydraigle posted...
How great would a game be that no one would buy because no one has a WiiU to play on?

How great would a game be that everyone would want to buy and therefore buy a WiiU to play it on?

It would have to be pretty great for someone to shell out that much money to play.

I bought an entire PS3 for The Last Of Us, I'm sure SOMEBODY out there would buy a Wii U for a Pokemon game.
#30mudballmanPosted 2/10/2014 2:02:09 PM
Tubbus posted...
OnlyAHero posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
mudballman posted...

I too managed to complete it, and yes, with a few months more production, it could have been decent. Shame. I love Sonic, but that game gives me nightmares.
I reckon a new Pokemon game ala XD would help spur more Wii U sales, but only if they release it at the right time with more exclusives to back it up, making them seem like 'essential gaming purchases'.

They could irritate everyone by making one of the XY event legendaries only avaliable from the Wii U game as well, but it could make for some sales for Pokedex fanatics?

Yes, that game was terrible. Also, my biggest problem with it was no chao garden. A wasted opportunity in my opinion.

And if another pokemon game is made, I hope it is more like colosseum/xd than PBR. I loved the first two, but PBR was a big let down
---
Official Nidoking of pokemon x and y boards! Shiny value:2057
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645 White 2 fc: 2538 5836 3049