This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Pinser is criminally overlooked

#11JustinTheJaggedPosted 2/8/2014 10:19:04 AM
I never got a chance to use it unfortunately as I immediately traded it for heracronite since I like Heracross better.
---
Gamer for life, 32 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#12DemiseEndPosted 2/8/2014 10:22:55 AM
Pinsir being S Rank does jack

Even A+ Rank pokemon can be UU.
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094
#13Safer_777Posted 2/8/2014 10:30:50 AM
Well if you go mega you are 4x weak to Rock that is why people don't use it. However a Quick Attack from is always nice.
---
Why do we exist?What happens when we stop existing?
#14M1Astray(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 10:37:28 AM
DemiseEnd posted...

True enough, I've found those viability rankings more helpful when building a team than the actual tiers thanks to their placements being more based around the actual abilities of a Mon rather than their usage.

Safer_777 posted...
Well if you go mega you are 4x weak to Rock that is why people don't use it. However a Quick Attack from is always nice.

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time a deadly mon got ignored because of SR. I can't say I blame folks for opting not to use one because of it, but at the same time I'm finding it to be less of a liability nowadays. Defog has really made hazards less of a centralizing factor from what I can tell.
---
This is a signature.
#15gna647Posted 2/8/2014 10:38:13 AM
i'd love a mega-pinsir but i have pokemon Y (im only on this board cause more people post here)
---
http://i.imgur.com/iMaDK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/e9OCH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RnA9A.gif http://i.imgur.com/LvJeR.png
#16ozza000Posted 2/8/2014 10:38:17 AM
The prevalence of certain pokemon holds it back. Talonflame is a huge check to it. Rotom-W is a huge problem for it as well. Are those the 2 most used Pokemon in the entire game right now? If not, they are up there.

It also looks better on paper than it is. Of course it's great. But it's not easy to set up.
---
Ozza - 3969-5033-8014 - Krabby, Floatzel, Poliwhirl
#17TropiOUsPosted 2/8/2014 10:38:55 AM
DemiseEnd posted...

And this is because the ladder is full of really really bad players. I'm still loling at Salamernce, Donphan, Tentacruel, and Forretress still being OU while things like Lando-I, Kyurem-B, Manaphy, and Keldeo are not even close to making it.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts.
#18KeldonisPosted 2/8/2014 10:43:48 AM(edited)
It's good. If you allow Pinsir to setup +2 or better you're pretty much done as it absolutely murders everything with STAB Aerilate Return and QA for priority.

At +4 or better you can pretty much sweep with QA alone.

Problem is, it's pretty frail and has alot of weaknesses. Decent defense when Mega'd, but rock weakness, not so great special defense, and OHKO'ed by the ever so common Talonflame.

Things with Prankster WoW like Sableye also shut you down.

Best if you can get up screens and find something you can setup on. It can be difficult to do though as no player in their right mind allows Mega Pinsir to setup.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#19DemiseEndPosted 2/8/2014 11:05:48 AM
M1Astray posted...
DemiseEnd posted...

True enough, I've found those viability rankings more helpful when building a team than the actual tiers thanks to their placements being more based around the actual abilities of a Mon rather than their usage.

This alone should tell you everything about PS players

"Aegislash

Swords Dance - 51.553%
Shadow Ball - 39.440%"
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094
#20YourLuckPosted 2/8/2014 11:34:25 AM
M1Astray posted...
The amount of things that thing murders after a mere moxie boost is plain scary. And god forbid it gets a SD up, you can just forfeit if you don't have the feathered dodo alive. It's with good reason this thing is ranked in S rank on Smogon, yet it seems I rarely face anyone with it. I suppose I should be thankful about that, if it gets too common it'd probably get undeservedly banned (because lord forbid the game has a good stall breaker).

I love Aerilate Quick Attack. TBQH, I've never seen anyone use Mega Pinsir, but then again, thats probably because I don't battle that much.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune