This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Gengar should go back to OU

#51Caolan_2k9Posted 2/8/2014 2:30:26 PM(edited)
If you have played a good, competent player then you know why it is banned. Does anyone remember facing it high up in the smogon ladder?

For those that don't understand or haven't played a good one, let me explain... it is GUARANTED to kill whatever it wants due to its ability. You look at your enemies team and see the biggest threat and then realise it's not a threat at all because lol mega gengar is guaranteed to take it down. On TOP of this absurdness, it has a huge 170 special attack and can OHKO or destroy a ton of things, it's frail as hell but that's the point, that's what it needs to do its job. Frail + incredible speed + perish song + dumb ability = your most threatening pokemon dead, no matter what.
Without the ability combo it's not broken, it would be a strong OU mega, but with perish song + shadow tag it is clearly stupid as hell and does what it wants.

There is no way around it.
I faced tons and tons on battle spot and had no real problem because these people weren't using it to its potential (and BS is only 3v3 lol), but when a strong and smart competitive player abuses its forte then it's quite easy to see why it needs to stay the f*** away from OU.
---
My name is Caolan, I'm Irish. It's pronounced "keelin" if you're wondering.
#52ganiamPosted 2/8/2014 2:28:15 PM
I'm not even sure why Mega-Kan is banned. All you need is a physical wall with Rocky Helmet and it's dead.
#53KeldonisPosted 2/8/2014 2:30:08 PM
ganiam posted...
I'm not even sure why Mega-Kan is banned. All you need is a physical wall with Rocky Helmet and it's dead.

Wouldn't recommend getting this started....lol.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#54Caolan_2k9Posted 2/8/2014 2:31:17 PM
ganiam posted...

I know this is bait but...

It can run special too, and quite well actually.
---
My name is Caolan, I'm Irish. It's pronounced "keelin" if you're wondering.
#55UltraKangaskhan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 2:52:32 PM
Bump
#56Jeb4Posted 2/8/2014 3:06:15 PM
how is this topic still alive holy ****

can some of you people just: think for i dont know.. 5 seconds? i just dont know what to even say if people 'need' an explanation for this
---
Brawl fc: 3523 1972 6780
Pkmn Y fc: 2638-1012-2714, Pansear, Slugma, and Ninetails safari
#57UltraKangaskhan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 5:16:48 PM
Bump
#58pokemonfreak97Posted 2/8/2014 5:19:51 PM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
They didn't even have a reason to why cress was RU other than "it's not used enough" lol

Did you want them to make it BL2? You do know how usage tiers work, right?

Also, to TC: post any 1 Pokemon that meets the following criteria:

1. Kills Mega Gengar >75% of the time when it switches in on Gengar, barring crits.
2. Has a use in OU besides beating Mega Gengar.

So, if it's, for instance, Aegislash (NOT an example of one that works), then it counts. If you have to use Pikachu to kill the thing... not so much.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#59xbombrPosted 2/8/2014 5:33:15 PM
The problem is that the perish trapping set requires you to carry one or more obscure counters that may not be used otherwise.

You would be almost forced to carry Sableye, Klefki, Whimsicott, Liepard, or Thundurus-I. None of these guys really want to take attacks from Mega-Gengar either. STAB Shadowball or Focus Blast ruins a lot of these guys' days.

Sableye is the only one that can even switch out after the taunt so it doesn't have to take the damage unless Gengar predicts the taunt and just shadowballs it.

His counters aren't even really counters, they're checks and he can still put massive dents into them even if he doesn't want to just simply switch out and come back in after they've been taken care of. Rarely, if ever, will teams run multiple prankster taunters.

You can also team this guy up with Gothitelle or Wobuffett to perish song and switch out.
---
FAIL WAR! Let's do it! I'll warn you... YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! - Deprece
#60UltraKangaskhan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 6:51:05 PM
Bump.