This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games do I need to play for the most legendary pokemon?

#1MephistoXvPosted 2/8/2014 3:26:00 PM
I posted this on the Y board but I think X is more active so throwing it here as well.

Besides Y which I have and have completed I have

Fire Red
Emerald
Soul Silver
Platinum
White
White 2

To get the maximum amount of legendaries and others Pokemon that can't be found elsewhere which ones should I play?

I know in Soul Silver you can go back into the Kanto region but I'm not 100% sure what you can acquire doing so. I want to make the most efficient use of my time so if I can cut out any games I'd like to do so. Thanks in advance.

(I already have the starters from every generation already in Y if that matters)
---
If Americans throw rice at weddings, do Asians throw hamburgers?
#2CrabhammarPosted 2/8/2014 3:26:28 PM
Pokemon X or Y. GTS.
---
PSN: DogeWhisperer
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/652/765/4c3.png
#3MephistoXv(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 3:27:46 PM
The GTS alone is not going to get me most of the legendaries. They maybe up there but everyone wants Mew, Thunderous, or other things that you don't get out of Y alone.
---
#4360pagesPosted 2/8/2014 3:28:16 PM
Those should be enough

Really you only need Platinum, HGSS and BW.BW2 for all of them
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
3DS friend code 1161-0910-0692
#5legendriderPosted 2/8/2014 3:30:47 PM
Platinum
HG and SS (HG gets Kyogre, SS gets Groudon)
B then B2 or W then W2 (that'll get you both Reshiram and Zekrom. Dunno about landurus, thunderus and tornadus though)
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#6MephistoXv(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 3:30:58 PM
I wasn't sure if I was able to skip Emerald or not. I don't have Heart Gold so I wasn't sure if I could get a Kyogre anywhere else. I also wasn't sure about the golems. (I know Regice and Registone are in White 2, wasn't sure about Registeel)
---
#7Im_MedeusPosted 2/8/2014 3:40:22 PM
Ignoring GTS, Emerald, Soulsilver, Platinum, White and White 2.

-Emerald gives the Weather trio, Regi trio, and one of Lati@s
-Soulsiver gives Lugia, Ho-oh, Legendary Beast, Legendary Birds, one of the weather trio (unless you transfer Kyogre for Rayquaza), Mewtwo and one of Lati@s.
-Platinum gives the Spacetime trio, Lunar Duo, Pixie trio, Heatran, Regigigas if you transfer the Regi trio and the Legendary Birds
-White gives all the Unova legendaries sans Reshiram, Tornadus and by proxy Landorus unless you transfer it.
-White 2 gives Reshiram, Kyurem, the Musketeers, Pixie trio, two of the Regi trio unless you get a key for the third along with Regigigas, Cresselia and Heatran.

There's a lot of overlap, but to get all the legendaries you need all five as Lugia/Ho-oh, Reshiram, Zekrom, Spacetime trio, and Legendary Beasts are only in one each ignoring events and Dream Radar. If you don't care about all of them, then just White 2, Platinum and Soulsilver will get you the most provided you transfer for the last Regi to get Regigigas in White 2.
#8MephistoXv(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 3:48:47 PM
Thanks Im_Medeus that is a great answer and helps me plan my playing. I appreciate it.
---