This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hidden Ability Breeding question

#1Xensvet13Posted 2/8/2014 5:49:37 PM
I just want to clarify something. The female only needs to have the hidden ability for a non-ditto pair to have a chance to pass it down correct?

Having both parents with the hidden ability doesn't increase the odds does it?

And for breeding HA with ditto's can anyone confirm that it can be either male or female? I'm pretty sure I breed a female HA dratini with ditto and still got marvel scale. But I was just breeding for moves so I didn't really look for anything else.
---
I deliver justice, my own special brand: true, unrelenting, and for the greater good!
PKMN Y FC: 0146-9171-4941 Xensvet, Steel: Magneton, Skarmory, Exadrill
#2darkshadowspawnPosted 2/8/2014 5:55:18 PM
You're correct on all three counts.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#3FuneralCakePosted 2/8/2014 5:55:38 PM
Xensvet13 posted...
The female only needs to have the hidden ability for a non-ditto pair to have a chance to pass it down correct?

Right. If you aren't using a Ditto, the female needs the HA or it won't be passed down at all. A male HA and a female regular Pokemon will only result in getting the female's ability 80% of the time (if she has two) and the HA 0% of the time.

Having both parents with the hidden ability doesn't increase the odds does it?

No. If the HA can be passed down, it's 60% no matter what.

And for breeding HA with ditto's can anyone confirm that it can be either male or female? I'm pretty sure I breed a female HA dratini with ditto and still got marvel scale. But I was just breeding for moves so I didn't really look for anything else.

Yes, either males or females can pass down the HA when breeding with Ditto. Again, it's a 60% chance, so keep trying.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#4Xensvet13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 5:56:12 PM
darkshadowspawn posted...
You're correct on all three counts.

Awesome, thank you
---
I deliver justice, my own special brand: true, unrelenting, and for the greater good!
PKMN Y FC: 0146-9171-4941 Xensvet, Steel: Magneton, Skarmory, Exadrill