This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of the legendaries that exist around are likely hacks?

#1Safer_777Posted 2/9/2014 4:54:57 AM
For example the Birds(Articuno,Zapdos,Moltres)can't be hacked because you can catch them in many games. So which ones are likely hacks? And it is possibly to find legit ones of these? I have decided to get rid of all my hacks.
---
Why do we exist?What happens when we stop existing?
#2MyNameIsGibsonPosted 2/9/2014 4:58:36 AM
Safer_777 posted...
For example the Birds(Articuno,Zapdos,Moltres)can't be hacked because you can catch them in many games. So which ones are likely hacks? And it is possibly to find legit ones of these? I have decided to get rid of all my hacks.

One could definitely hack the bird trio. If it's done well there's not much if a way to tell but as a general rule, if it's shiny/has really good IVs, it's probably genned.
---
3DS FC: 0576-5058-1932 IGN: Gibson
Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Espurr, Duosion
#3Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 5:00:36 AM
Okay so basically I mean which ones can't be caught normally in games. For example me I have played all the generations so I have caught the ones that can be caught normally myself so I know they aren't hacks.
---
#4mushman123Posted 2/9/2014 5:01:09 AM
All competitive legends are pretty much genned at this stage
---
Official Flying Type Gym Leader of the GFAQs MGM League
3DS FC: 3668-8651-4003 IGN: Hamish
#5MyNameIsGibsonPosted 2/9/2014 5:04:01 AM
Safer_777 posted...
Okay so basically I mean which ones can't be caught normally in games. For example me I have played all the generations so I have caught the ones that can be caught normally myself so I know they aren't hacks.

Most all event legends are genned. Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Genesect, Keldeo, Meloetta, Celebi (besides the bank one), Mew, Jirachi, Victini. There might be more that I can't think of off the top of my head.
---
3DS FC: 0576-5058-1932 IGN: Gibson
Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Espurr, Duosion
#6NanakoKyokoPosted 2/9/2014 5:05:49 AM
genned or RNGed, by now you can't tell the difference. If the genned made it through the wet paper hack checks, they most likely will pass any other hack checks nintendo does.
---
IGN: Natasha 4227-2096-0383 Psychic Safari: Abra / Wobbu / Giraf
#7Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 5:31:18 AM
So these events ones can be found legit? I guess not right? I mean there can be clones but you can't know correct?
---
#8HopesNo1FanPosted 2/9/2014 5:34:49 AM
MyNameIsGibson posted...
if it's shiny/has really good IVs, it's probably genned.

Basically this.

If it's shiny it could still be some soft-resetting crazyness, but 6IVs legends? come on....
---
Pokemon Y FC 3668-8772-1047 IGN: Croix -SV 1839-
(Mankey, Sawk, Breelom) PM ME if you want to be added!
#9Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 5:53:18 AM
Hey I caught Victini legit myself when there was the event. And I got the Celebi from bank. That means that the others can't be obtained legit since there wasn't a wide distribution right?
---
#10NegaZeldaPosted 2/9/2014 6:02:22 AM
The most *likely* hacked ones would probably be the following:

Mew (last event was a while ago)
Rayquaza (many people have HG/SS, but not necessarily both)
Jirachi (recent events in Japan, but still very probable for Western people)
Darkrai (popular legend, even though there was a distribution in Gen V)
Shaymin (last wide distribution was some time ago)
Arceus (same as Darkrai)

Regigigas is a bit on the fence since it is very possible to get him in Gen V and the 3 Regis aren't exactly rare. Depends if enough people bothered with the effort to get him.

Victini is another that's fence-worthy. The event wasn't too long ago, but it's still pretty popular and in-demand.

I'd say the rest are more likely to be legit either because of recent events or because they're easy to obtain. Though, of course, any legendary can be a hacked Pokemon.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
<thing>