The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So you have your Shiny Charm....

#1CyberWhiteTigerPosted 2/9/2014 8:40:30 AM
... and what are you doing with it? By that I mean horde hunting for shinies.... Masuda method.... pokeradar... Friend Safari... Chain Fishing? (Does soft resetting work with shiny charm? Like if you went and got 100 fossils and tried to get a shiny would it affect the odds if so then is anyone doing that?)

I myself am trying to MM Froakie and Fennekin as I didn't get anywhere without the Shiny Charm bar shiny Chespin back in early November. I have done a horde hunt specifically to find my first shiny since getting the shiny charm and that was fun and only took just under one hour to find a shiny. I also completed a personal quest of mine that was to get a shiny from all 18 different typed friend safaris. So if a pokemon is dual typed it only counted for the type of safari I was in like Mawile counted as my fairy type and Butterfree counted as only bug.

I have not really tried using pokeradar since getting the shiny charm, I don't know I just would like to know the odds with and without the shiny charm. Since the usual odds are 1/4096 I have wanted to know how the pokeradar fits into it and with the shiny charm it must have changed the pokeradar odds again so I would like numbers but no one knows anything. Not done chain fishing since getting the charm either as I have most of the fish chainable pokemon bar a few which I could do with getting a 2nd one for the evolution.
---
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add back
Friend Safari - Fighting - Meditite, Pancham & Tyrogue
#2window323Posted 2/9/2014 8:43:45 AM
I've done a lot of MM and horde hunting with good success
---
PSN: window323
"riot shield." - VicvicV1cVicVic
#3gamemaster712Posted 2/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
It works alright...
20 boxes of torchic: nothing
2-3 boxes of Ralts: shiny...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#4CyberWhiteTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 9:15:51 AM
gamemaster712 posted...
It works alright...
20 boxes of torchic: nothing
2-3 boxes of Ralts: shiny...

Wait is that 20 boxes of Trochic pre-shiny charm?
---
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add back
Friend Safari - Fighting - Meditite, Pancham & Tyrogue
#5Tortus2Posted 2/9/2014 9:21:49 AM(edited)
Shiny Charm + Masuda Method and no shiny Froakie so far. About just under 100 eggs, though.

The Ditto is Japanese and the Greninja is one of my friends Pokemon, so from United Kingdom.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351