This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could a single game such as the "Third version" work as a standalone Sequel?

#1TheSnubbzPosted 2/9/2014 5:02:45 PM
I'm referring to X&Y. I know that we'll most probably get a new continuation to the story of X&Y later on down the line in a couple years. My thing is if they made a "Z version" as a single standalone game (ala Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and on top of that they made it a true sequel like they did with Black 2 and White 2 could it work? Maybe a few years passed in the Kalos region and so forth or hell even a prequel.

Do you think there would be any trouble with continuation since the stories of both X&Y had their own differences with Xerneas and Yveltal?
#2TheSnubbz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 5:05:45 PM
Bump!

Any thoughts?
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 2/9/2014 5:07:03 PM
Maybe. As cool as third versions are, I liked where they went with Gen 5. But it would be interesting how the story is told if the third version is actually a sequel. Maybe a little mix of both X's and Y's details to tell the whole story.
#4mattgavinPosted 2/9/2014 5:08:47 PM
Just posted in a similar topic my idea for pokemon az
You play as az during the war with flabebe as your starter. Play through the whole story with timeskips after the weapons launch. After credits battle the xy protag at the champion ceremony. After winning you give protag all your pokes, items and the floette that just returned as you die peacefully having found solace. Pist game is from protags point of view.
---
Friend code 1719-3812-1468
I have a steel safari :-D
#5MagikarpRulesPosted 2/9/2014 5:11:02 PM
mattgavin posted...
Just posted in a similar topic my idea for pokemon az
You play as az during the war with flabebe as your starter. Play through the whole story with timeskips after the weapons launch. After credits battle the xy protag at the champion ceremony. After winning you give protag all your pokes, items and the floette that just returned as you die peacefully having found solace. Pist game is from protags point of view.

Yeah, no. Not taking into account that I don't like this idea at all, we all know it won't happen.
#6shadowenclave47Posted 2/9/2014 5:16:35 PM
Yes but it probably won't happen.
---
3DS FC 3539-9421-0380
#7CCGreenRaiderPosted 2/10/2014 3:11:36 PM
I was thinking they'd go with the strategy for white series, but platinum alone sold almost as much as White and black 2 despite it being a completely different story... Btw... i lost my pokemon Black and white 2...(I can't, for the love of me, figure out where the hell i put them and they were brand new too! never played... o well i guess collectors editions in 20 years? or maybe this is payback for the one time that i somebody had left their gameboy color on the floor and i sat there and stared for like 2 hours waiting for the person to come back... before i grabbed it and curiously looked through their pokemon... then waited another hour then claimed it...) i woudl've given it back but i ain't abut to knock on everyones door in my old neighborhood take me about 2 hours!
---
Regarding the hooker scene in Full Metal Jacket "Still a better love story than Twilight" - Some guy on youtube
#8dancingbobcatPosted 2/11/2014 7:15:48 PM
CCGreenRaider posted...
I was thinking they'd go with the strategy for white series, but platinum alone sold almost as much as White and black 2 despite it being a completely different story... Btw... i lost my pokemon Black and white 2...(I can't, for the love of me, figure out where the hell i put them and they were brand new too! never played... o well i guess collectors editions in 20 years? or maybe this is payback for the one time that i somebody had left their gameboy color on the floor and i sat there and stared for like 2 hours waiting for the person to come back... before i grabbed it and curiously looked through their pokemon... then waited another hour then claimed it...) i woudl've given it back but i ain't abut to knock on everyones door in my old neighborhood take me about 2 hours!

give me my Game Boy back or I'ma tell my dad