This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Bank is great for dumping garbage Pokemon.

#21Sephiroth0327Posted 2/14/2014 5:31:25 AM
I take it one step further - I dump the garbage in Bank and the transfer to my copy of Y. Then I restart Y effectively releasing everything at once
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
Sig under construction
#22Ansem_the_evilPosted 2/14/2014 6:07:46 AM
Cant belive people are so cheap thay complain at a 5$/year fee its nothing unless you are so poor that you live on the street
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939
#23JDM_JevPosted 2/14/2014 4:46:37 PM
Ansem_the_evil posted...
Cant belive people are so cheap thay complain at a 5$/year fee its nothing unless you are so poor that you live on the street

For me it's more the fact that its been free to do for forever (not counting the disconnect between gen 2 and 3) and the tacked on storage doesn't strike me as a huge convenience

I'd rather have boxes added to my game then to a stand alone download that's needlessly complex enough (poke transporter being yet another separated download, etc).

It was handled miserably and we should probably all just get it for free to atone for that one month delay with no updates regarding.
---
DIY
drill dat oil up in yo oatmeal
#24Miggi3Fr3shPosted 2/14/2014 5:20:41 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...
Rizaadon007 posted...
ITT: 5 bucks is overpriced for a storage service.

It is when I can buy a flash drive that holds at least twice as much data and will have a good 2-3 year life expectancy for five dollars.

Cool, put your pokemon on that flash drive.... and transfer them to gen gen 6 from there 8)

What's your point? That I should applaud Game Freak for ripping off its customers just because they have a monopoly on transfer?

Do you not know what a monopoly is? This a service for a game that they develop. Essentially DLC to allow us to transfer game saves from older games to newer games.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 FS: Excadrill, Forretress, Mawile
The Official Goomy of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#25SilentS89Posted 2/14/2014 8:02:29 PM
Ansem_the_evil posted...

I have zero doubt that the Pokebank will be used to justify further expenses on players in the future.
#26Pupu27Posted 2/14/2014 8:13:20 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Ansem_the_evil posted...

I have zero doubt that the Pokebank will be used to justify further expenses on players in the future.

You know that there is no such thing as a "reasonable" fee right? The price of a product is set by buyers, not sellers. If 10 years from now Gamefreak sells DLC pokemon for $100/each and a lot of people still buy it then it is considered as a reasonable price. GF does not rip off anybody in this case, the customers decide to buy the product.

So basically Gamefreak will not need Pokebank to justify anything. They offer a product, you and everybody else have the right whether to purchase it or not.
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189 - Safari: Oddish, Petilil, and Quilladin
#27Skull_proPosted 2/14/2014 8:13:20 PM
BurnedPotatoes posted...
Why do you want to throw away Trubbish and Garbodor?

Hahahahaha.
---
Married to Augustine Sycamore. Back off! If you don't, I won't just call the police, but I will call the police! 3DS:4339 2730 2396
#28ClassyOldHatPosted 2/15/2014 5:13:37 PM
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...
Rizaadon007 posted...
ITT: 5 bucks is overpriced for a storage service.

It is when I can buy a flash drive that holds at least twice as much data and will have a good 2-3 year life expectancy for five dollars.

Cool, put your pokemon on that flash drive.... and transfer them to gen gen 6 from there 8)

What's your point? That I should applaud Game Freak for ripping off its customers just because they have a monopoly on transfer?

Do you not know what a monopoly is? This a service for a game that they develop. Essentially DLC to allow us to transfer game saves from older games to newer games.

Yes. And? Does the fact that it is DLC somehow make not essentially a glorified, overpriced flash drive?

Yes, this is five bucks a year for a storage service, and five dollars is not a lot of money for most people. But again when I can buy a storage device that could do the same thing were it not for the matter of Game Freak's encryption (for lack of a better term), AND hold more data/Pokemon, AND last at least two years longer if I took proper care of it, it's overpriced.

If there are two chocolate bars on sale, one smaller, being sold for five dollars, and one larger that is sold for 3, both with the exact same quality as far as health and taste goes, then I don't care how cheap the small, $5 candy bar is compared to the price of maintaining a house, the $5 candy bar is overpriced.

"Count your pennies, and your dollars will look after themselves."
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach
#29charman5Posted 2/18/2014 4:55:23 PM
*Insert Genwunner Joke Here*
---
Love TheLeetCasualGamer and subscribe to him!
#30LacutisPosted 2/18/2014 5:13:04 PM
Except your flash drive is a physical device that can be lost, or stolen. You aren't just paying for the space. You are paying for 24/7 access to your bank from anywhere. You are paying for a service that likely has redundant backups and load balancing, ensuring your data won't be lost.

You are also paying for a way easier way to migrate pokemon from one game to another at a greater number than 6 at a time. Not to mention an easy way for you to transfer pokemon to future games.

Who knows, maybe the next ranger game that comes out will have box access to allow you to transfer between games, or a wii-u stadium type game.

Regardless, the comparisons to a flash drive (which you can't even plug into your 3DS) are pretty thin.