This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IV Checker NPC deserves a name and a backstory

#11legendriderPosted 2/10/2014 3:12:30 PM
IV Checker us Paul, the only person in the anime that can see IVs, thus making him a super human.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#12Emi3280Posted 2/10/2014 3:12:33 PM
Rogue Mutt posted...
He's actually Mewtwo. The body we see in the Pokemon Center is just an illusion projected into the player's mind. Same goes for his speech.

He knows so much about each pokemon because he is one . . .

dun Dun DUN!

So that means it can be Latios too. Or even Zoroark. There are a lot of Pokemon that can talk and that can get into disguise.
---
PSN: DarkEmigaru98 - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#13mech dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:01:22 AM
This guy needs some fanfic
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg
#14LightningAce11Posted 2/11/2014 12:02:24 AM
The c*** needs to move to camphrier town.
---
"I am fire. I am ... DEATH." - Smaug
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
#15zelionxPosted 2/11/2014 12:06:20 AM
He's Youngster Joey from the future. After he was separated from his Ratatta in a time warp caused by a mischievous Celebi, he dedicated his life to helping trainers find out which pokemon are top percentage in hopes he might one day be reunited with his beloved rodent.
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803
IGN: Justin
#16wind64aPosted 2/11/2014 12:06:27 AM
legendrider posted...
IV Checker us Paul, the only person in the anime that can see IVs, thus making him a super human.

He just uses the Pokedex to check their stats and moves. Apparently he catches enough Pokémon, and releases them, that he can tell which numbers are on the higher end for a species.
---
Official Fairy-Type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. 3DS FC: 3050 8148 9673
#17Ku-Ri-BohPosted 2/11/2014 12:21:01 AM
17Master posted...
pervy_sage456 posted...
It's Ash from the future.

Nah, Ash is too incompetent to be able to determine a Pokemon's IVs. Or worse, he'd tell you that a Pokemon with actually low IVs is great because you can make it better by trying harder.

Sounds like casual pokemon players everywhere ard the world, some in gfaq
---
3DS FC: 2449-4661-4119
#18kclaujamesPosted 2/11/2014 12:24:34 AM
jacob5622 posted...
mech dragon posted...
Let's give him one.

What's his name?
How did he get his powers?
Why doesn't he charge for his services?
Does he train Pokemon? What Pokemon?
Why's he in Kiloude City? Is that where he's from?

Grey, a.k.a The Judge is was a Pokemon trainer from Johto. Throughout his journeys, he traveled through Unova. An rock slide on Twist Mountain left him with a sprained ankle and very little hope of getting to the next town. That is until Anthea, N's foster sister, finds him. Long story short, Grey falls in love with Anthea, Team Plasma and their ideals. In the time spent with them, Grey befriends N who trains him how to talk to Pokemon. Grey never mastered this skill however it became possible for him to see a Pokemon's potential.

Once Ghetsis' true plans became apparent, the top lieutenants of Team Plasma deemed not loyal were quietly killed off one by one. At Anthea's pleading, Grey escapes from the castle but loses his closest friend, Percy the Persian, who stayed behind to prevent his capture. Percy's fate is unknown.

Wanting to remain on the down-low, he travels to another region, Kalos. Never revealing his name or past, he settled down in Kiloude City, considering it was small enough to easily get to know the locals, while large enough to blend in and disappear if need be. He spends his time helping passing trainers assess the potential their Pokemon hold.

Just something I came up with on the fly.

That is pretty good actually.
---
Pokemon XY Friend Safari Type: Fairy
Pokemon: Swirlix, Togepi, Floette FC: 2509 2175 4600