This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Showdown allows you to do what the games already should.

#51wind64aPosted 2/10/2014 1:12:32 PM
Lucidious89 posted...
I dont see a problem with this. Make it a "quick battle" option in the wifi menu, similar to what Pokemon Stadium had. All the Pokemon you use in the quick battles are considered rentals, and not actually yours (only difference here is you can customize your rentals). Rankings in quick battles are kept track of, but they aren't taken into consideration for anything important. Theyre meant more as an arena for experimentation more than for legitimate battles with your "real" Pokemon. Official tournaments and ranked wifi would still require you to build your own Pokemon team.

They should also allow you to build "rental" teams for the battle maison in this method, but at the cost of half the BP. This way, people who hate the idea of breeding and ev training can still participate in deeper levels of play, though they're playing under the handicap of being unable to rank anywhere that matters, and acquire BP at half the normal rate.

This actually seems like a decent option. One of the annoying parts of the Maison is that you need to gain quite a few points, before getting the optimal items for your team.
---
Official Fairy-Type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. 3DS FC: 3050 8148 9673
#52DrakoVongola1Posted 2/10/2014 1:15:20 PM
ZeldaTPLink posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
If you want to play a simulator, why not just play a simulator? They don't need to include that in the main games when you can already do it, and for free at that.

I'd agree with that logic, except:

1- Gamefreak is not making money at all by having a part of the playerbase playing on the simulator instead of the game. Not that this is my problem, but they should care about it.
2- I don't think it's healthy for the playerbase, casual or competitive, to be segmented into catridge players and simulator players.
3- Why should we need a simulator when we could have a way of playing the game on a higher level in the maiin series games? It can be implemented, so why not?

That said, I don't think having a simulator like the rental system from Stadium is really necessary. The main problem is the IVs. They don't add anything for the game except for mindless grinding so a bunch of teenager boys can brag that they have more free time to throw away. Every pokemon should come with max IVs. The other stats (EVs, Natures, etc) can be easily chosen through breeding/training.

Gamefreak makes plenty of money, most Pokemon fans play the main series anyway. Anyone who only plays the simulators won't suddenly start playing the main series just because they put something in the game the players are already getting for free.

Removing IVs would be nice I suppose, but they're really not that bad.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#53PuppyfaicPosted 2/10/2014 1:16:17 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Windyligth posted...

In the next instalment, gamefreak should include some kind of simulator version of battling where you can choose your pokemon like you would on showdown, where you can easily customize your team. This way people can stop complaining about hacking, and hackers would not need to hack. Everyone wins.

Then there's absolutely no reason to play the main game.

Make it a post-game only service. Problem solved.
---
3DS FC: 0216 1295 1824 | Pokemon X IGN: Puppyfaic | Bergmite, Snorunt, Piloswine
Playing: Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7, PMD Gates to Infinity
#54SirPikachuPosted 2/10/2014 1:17:55 PM
Windyligth posted...
Showdown or other simulators is the only REAL option out there for battling, let's be honest.

No, not really. People make IVs too big of a deal. I don't breed for IVs, and I win A LOT. It just helps to be good at the game.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
#55Pupu27Posted 2/10/2014 1:21:23 PM(edited)
Puppyfaic posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Windyligth posted...

In the next instalment, gamefreak should include some kind of simulator version of battling where you can choose your pokemon like you would on showdown, where you can easily customize your team. This way people can stop complaining about hacking, and hackers would not need to hack. Everyone wins.

Then people will just blaze through the story to get to post game (like 3-4 hours to complete everything). And the next thing you see is people here will post topics ask Gamefreaks to make the storymode become a 5-minute tutorial =))
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189 - Safari: Oddish, Petilil, and Quilladin
#56PuppyfaicPosted 2/10/2014 1:21:47 PM
Pupu27 posted...
Puppyfaic posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Windyligth posted...

Then people will just blaze through the story to get to post game (like 3-4 hours to complete everything). And the next thing you see is people here will post topics ask Gamefreaks to make the storymode become a 5 minutes tutorial =))

Their fault for missing the story and being impatient then.
---
3DS FC: 0216 1295 1824 | Pokemon X IGN: Puppyfaic | Bergmite, Snorunt, Piloswine
Playing: Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7, PMD Gates to Infinity
#57DrakoVongola1Posted 2/10/2014 1:27:26 PM
SirPikachu posted...
Windyligth posted...
Showdown or other simulators is the only REAL option out there for battling, let's be honest.

No, not really. People make IVs too big of a deal. I don't breed for IVs, and I win A LOT. It just helps to be good at the game.

They really aren't as big a deal as a lot of people make them out to be, other than speed those one or two extra points won't do a whole lot.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#58KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/10/2014 1:30:45 PM
ExcIusivity69 posted...
pokedude900 posted...
This may come as a shock to you, but some people like playing through the story and raising their pokemon.

LOL... Playing Pokémon for it's story.

Hey, I actually found BW's story quite entertaining.

It'd be easy to think a future game would be just as good.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#59tiomastaPosted 2/10/2014 1:48:34 PM
I had an idea where you could use BP to create hologram mons. They always have max IVs and whatever nature/ability/EVs you want, and it's of any species with any legal moveset you want, and they can be used online. The "downside" is that they'd be lifeless-looking wireframes with downgraded animations and voice and you can't amie them. So you could still "upgrade" them by substituting them with an actual mon like that. And you could test sets online without having to officially make one out just the right way.

SirPikachu posted...

IVs have nothing to do with how good or bad you play it out. It sure isn't a loss by default or anything like that, but the thing is, having IVs below the max just means that you may be opening cases for yourself where you take one extra turn to kill the opponent, or one turn less to die yourself. It might come into play into your matches or it might not, but the worse it is, the more cases you're opening.

Max speed IV is a must. At least try to get that one. Always losing in a speed tie, or getting outsped when you should've been going first, can be a big deal in a match, and all that can happen even if you're just one single point behind.
---
Disagreement: two failing to recognize to credit their opinions due to their own personal taste while selfishly disregarding everyone else's but not their own.
#60minun73Posted 2/10/2014 1:53:28 PM
zelionx posted...
Fallen Leaf posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Windyligth posted...

pokedude900 posted...
This may come as a shock to you, but some people like playing through the story and raising their pokemon.

---
3ds friend code: 2208 5506 9979 playing PKMN x. Add me but send pm if you do. :)
Xbox live: minun73.