This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT, we list the illegal things that pass through Pokebank's checks.

#1ArmoredGunsPosted 2/10/2014 7:49:55 AM
Hello! Let's make a compilation of all illegal things that laught at Pokebank's very poor hack check. Some of these may be useful to you.

1) Illegal natures within locked-nature event Pokemon

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/604x453q90/716/lok0.jpg

Here's a pic of a Timid Eruption Heatran. Heatran can only get Eruption in a Pokemon Ranger event, and it is always a Quiet nature. It works with other nature locked events, like Aura Sphere Raikou and Air Slash Suicune.

Method: Download a legal event Pokemon through Pokecheck with a good legality analysis, change the nature and erase the PID in Pokegen, then transfer it.

2) Past games illegal egg move combinations with transfer-only moves

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/DonJP/azu.jpg

Here's a pic of Azumarill with Belly Drum, Aqua Jet and Knock Off, a moveset which is impossible to get through legit means. Belly Drum and Aqua Jet are illegal in past gens, and Knock Off is a tutor move only available in Gen V.

Method: Download a legal Gen V Azumarill through Pokechek with a good legality analysis, edit the attacks in Pokegen, then transder it.

To test: Illegal egg move combinations with Gen IV-III only moves.

3) Transfer-only moves with hidden abilities introduced in Gen VI

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/604x453q90/703/d6vi.jpg

Here's a pic of a Protean Kecleon with transfer-only moves like the physical punches. Again, it's impossible to obtain this Kecleon through legit means. This will also allow Dusclops and Scolipede to have transfer-only moves with their hidden ability (ej: Trick Dusknoir with Frisk, Superpower Scolipede with Speed Boost)

Method: Download a legal Gen V Pokemon, edit the attacks and change the Extra Bytes to 1 (Scolipede has been reported to work with Extra Byte as 7). Note: The Pokemon needs to be caught/bred from Gen V, otherwise this will not work.

4) Some illegal pre-evolution moves only legal in evolved Pokemon

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/604x453q90/801/wjhl.jpg

Here's a pic of a Bagon that knows Iron Defense (only legal in Shelgon and Salamence) and Dragon Dance, which is an egg move. The only way of a Bagon to have Iron Defense is through a japanese event, and that event does not come with Dragon Dance. Maybe useful for little cup?

Method: Download a legal Pokemon, edit the attacks and transfer the Pokemon. Some may not work, so it's a matter of trial and error.

5) Pokemon in illegal balls

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag73/kadabrium/IMG_3124_zps06511124.jpg

Snivy, like most of the starters, are only legal in regular Pokeballs.

Method: Unknown, haven't tried it myself. Some say that you download a legal Gen IV Pokemon (as in the case of the Friend Ball) in the ball you want, then change the species in Pokegen to the Pokemon you want. Then transfer the Pokemon.

6) Pokemon with unreleased Hidden Abilities

Don't have a picture yet, but I've uploaded one myself (contrary Snivy), as some of the others have too.

Method: Same as method in 3). Does not work with Pokemon that are not originated in Gen V like Moltres and the birds, Raikou and the dogs. Will try for Reversal Mountain Heatran later.

Well, this is all for now. I will test for other things later.

Note I can confirm that 1) to 4) work in Battle Spot and Rated Battles. 6) Do not, and they can't be traded either.
---
3DS fc 2793-0624-6910 (Don) TSV 3902
#2choicespecPosted 2/10/2014 7:51:26 AM
I should try some of these. It's fun to mess with the game. :)
---
Name: Cactus | FC: 1736-1162-6607| Pansear, Slugma, Fletchinder
I have native sandstorm, monsoon and tundra Vivillon.
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 2/10/2014 7:51:36 AM
Pokemon with impossible ribbons pass too. Such as a Shiny Mewtwo I got in a trade. It has one of the event ribbons.
Turns out the guy that gave me that Mewtwo got it from PokeCheck.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#4MegaMawile14Posted 2/10/2014 7:52:40 AM
ITT: Haha, I'm such a rebel! I'll blatantly ignore that fact that it's the hackers fault Gamefreak even had to implent a hack check in the first place. Haha, you suck Gamefreak, but I'll buy your games anyway.
#5ArmoredGuns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:18:19 AM
Btw, it would be adviseable to upload any of these as soon as you can, as GameFreak may update their hack checks at any moment they want.
---
#6choicespecPosted 2/10/2014 8:19:42 AM
I still have 1.0 on my JP 3DS and currently testing illegal Pokeballs.
---
#7ArmoredGuns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:22:28 AM
choicespec posted...
I still have 1.0 on my JP 3DS and currently testing illegal Pokeballs.

Don't they force you to update in order to transfer?
---
#8choicespecPosted 2/10/2014 8:24:49 AM
That's what I'm confused about. I remember having to do a system update but it still shows 1.0.
---
#9Pika_Hikari_KTPosted 2/10/2014 8:32:05 AM
5) Pokemon in illegal balls

To expand on this, mons that were caught using Master Balls (infinite MB code) in the same game make it through okay too. Don't know if the ones I transferred will pass Battle Spot, but no big deal if they don't.
---
Young Tohru in JesuOtaku's Fruits Basket Radio Drama! -^_^-
http://furubadrama.weebly.com/index.html
#1012RougePosted 2/10/2014 8:35:44 AM
Back in the DPPt days when I started playing Pokemon and missed the Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus events I used an AR to get the special items so I could catch them. PokeBank let my Shaymin pass but not my Arceus nor Darkrai.
---
If The Sound of Animals Fighting could release another album, I'd be eternally happy.
3DS FC: 1736-1349-2894 Animal Crossing New Leaf Town: #yolosmh